Home
Posted By: rusty51 SMLE - 10/20/14
I have a SMLE #1 mark 111* made in 1940,this rifle does not have half position,is that normal for these rifles,I have another #1 made in 1916 that does have the half cock position.Also I need a mag for the 1940,anyone know where I could get one..thxd
Posted By: BC30cal Re: SMLE - 10/20/14
rusty51;
I'm sorry that I'm unable to comment on the half cock/safety position if I understand it right.

There are some guys on canadiangunnutz that seem to know all things regarding Lee Enfield rifles and they might be able to help out - if you happen to go there.

I don't post much there but do use the equipment exchange and a quick check there did show one guy with some LE magazines for sale. That's the good news....... the bad news is that he was asking $70 for them if memory serves. eek

My goodness I remember the entire Lee Enfield rifles being sold in 45gal drums in Army and Navy in Regina way back in the day for $20 or maybe $25.

I still seem to see magazines at the Penticton gun show every spring, but can't say I was paying attention to the prices for a good long while now.

Sorry I couldn't be more help to you sir and good luck on your magazine search.

Dwayne
Posted By: rusty51 Re: SMLE - 10/20/14
Thanks Dwayne,I go to the Cndgunnutz sight all the time,but forgot to even ask there,I can remember when Sears sold them for $20,every body had one in there closet,even where I grew up in southern Ont.Duane
Posted By: kkahmann Re: SMLE - 10/20/14
I still hunt with a Mk 4 no1 that I purchased for $13.95 at Marshel-Wells hardware store in Nipigon.

Last Mags i saw were going for $75 each--matter of fact I bought a Mk4 a couple of years ago for $40 just to get the mag
Posted By: krupp Re: SMLE - 10/20/14
Springfield Sporters in Penn Runn, Pennsylvania has mags at $50 each.

It is the ONLY place I know that has them but I do not know if he will ship to Canada.
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: SMLE - 10/20/14
Try SARCO
Posted By: jorgeI Re: SMLE - 10/20/14
Remember, there is a difference between the NoI MKIII and the IV's magazines. I've been looking for a five rounder for my III without much success.
He said it wuz a No.1MkIII* Brudder. I got mine from SARCO
Posted By: jorgeI Re: SMLE - 10/20/14
Find me a five rounder! smile
grinCall SARCO ya bum grin
Posted By: hatari Re: SMLE - 10/23/14
How did you two find this thread?? wink
© 24hourcampfire