Home
Posted By: BC30cal Happy Canada Day - 07/01/15
Fellow Canucks;
Whether you call it Canada Day or prefer Dominion Day - here's wishing you and yours a good one.

We're likely going to see the fireworks in Osoyoos tonight, but otherwise will just be in relaxation mode for the most part.

Again, all the best to my fellow Canucks here or those from around the globe who choose to celebrate our nation's birthday with us. grin

Dwayne
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/15
Happy Birthday Canada!
Posted By: RWE Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/15
Do you guys grill stuff and drink beer to celebrate?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/15
Dwayne to you and all my other Canadian friends HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

I'll be up there next month! Looking forward to it!
Originally Posted by RWE

They have a 24 hour loop on TV of the 1993 Stanley Cup final, like we do with A Christmas Story on Christmas.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/15
Happy Canada Day. I hope you all have a grand time.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/15
Originally Posted by RWE

RWE;
Top of the morning to you sir, hopefully this finds you well and keeping cool enough.

So while we're a few countries below the US in per capita consumption of beer - you good folks are at 77 liters and we're 66 liters - yes I'd say the "typical" Canadian will be consuming beer today as a part of their celebration.

While the term "grilling" or even "grill" is just now catching on up here - we've been "barbecuing" for a long, long time now. In fact based upon our travels to the western states, I'd say that propane fed units were more common up here first.

I'm not really sure we have as advanced a "grilling culture" though - again it might be just my personal sphere of experience speaking. There seems to be more of that in Ontario maybe????

Other than that, here in BC there will be Canada Day events and parades in most towns big and small - tonight will be live bands followed by fireworks displays.

We're going to head 40 minutes south of us to the border town of Osoyoos - population roughly 5000 or so - that will likely spend over $75,000 on the fireworks display this year.

They do it down on the beach and shoot them over the water, which adds an extra element of sight and sound. cool

[Linked Image]

Thanks to the rest of you for the Canada Day greetings, we do appreciate it and enjoy being in all of your fine company.

All the best to my Canuck brothers and sisters again and an early Happy Fourth of July to my US friends here too.

Dwayne
Posted By: eric123 Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/15
Happy Canada Day Indeed

We DO have a lot to be thankful for...
Great Hunting and Fishing in just about every Province and Territory

Hopefully it stays that way
Posted By: northcountry Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/15
Happy Canada Day wished I was there to celebrate with everybody.
Enjoy. Cheers NC
Posted By: northcountry Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/15

Dwayne
You could even call it confederation day and be correct. 1867 IIRC. Everybody enjoy. Cheers NC

Posted By: RWE Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/15
Dwayne,

grilling here takes on all flavors, and as a "near canuck" (Michigander) before moving even further south, I have parsed the grilling versus barbecue thing for years.

My favorite is to spin a big hunk of animal flesh over a fire, with chairs for participants, coolers between each seat, and a big knife and fork.

Cut off what you dare eat, when you dare eat it, and drink beer and chat the rest of the time.

Not sure much more needs to be done....
Michigan? I don't even know who you are...
Posted By: 1OntarioJim Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/15
Shot skeet this morning, great day. Time to be thankful for what we have.

Jim
Posted By: wageslave Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/15
Happy Canada Day to all....
'cept the French.
Posted By: troutfly Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/01/15
Hope everyone has a safe and happy 148th Canada Day.
We took a road trip to Lethbridge this AM(broke in our new truck) many back roads were travelled as we took in the beauty of the Canadian prairie. Antelope, elk along with plenty of waterfowl were seen. Visited with family and headed home early as Mrs. Troutfly has to work at 0230hrs.
Can't wait to celebrate 150 years!
Posted By: RWE Re: Happy Canada Day - 07/02/15
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Michigan? I don't even know who you are...

I can't remember when I got there, but I know when I left....
© 24hourcampfire