Home
Posted By: wabigoon Ice Out? - 04/07/17
Are the lakes near you open, or about to break up?
Posted By: BowRiverFlyGuy Re: Ice Out? - 04/07/17
Most of the lakes in southern Alberta are open now - the last of the ice came off some just last week.
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Ice Out? - 04/07/17
Black Bay and Nipigon Bay of Lake Superior opened up this week--lots of steelhead fishermen out on North Shore streams.

Inland lakes are mostly unsafe with open water off stream mouths and points.Smaller lakes are starting to open up around the shorelines.

It'll be a couple of weeks yet for Lake Nipigon --ice still tight to shore.
Posted By: Barryt Re: Ice Out? - 04/07/17
Not here, .....we're still trucking on them!! .........maybe out by middle of June!!
Posted By: troutfly Re: Ice Out? - 04/07/17
I'm not sure about the local ones here in SE Alberta such as Bullshead, Spruce Coulee or Ressor. They are usually some of the last ones to open due to being a bit higher in elevation.
I was going to check them today but got hung up at the local gun shop....not a bad thing but it did delay my fishing recce till next week as I start 4 12 hr day shifts tomorrow.
Posted By: castnblast Re: Ice Out? - 04/10/17
Ice will go out on our lakes in South Saskatchewan in about two weeks. Small sloughs are half ice now.
Posted By: castnblast Re: Ice Out? - 05/16/17
Ice will go out on Lac LaRonge in about two weeks. There is about 200 M of open water around the edges today.
© 24hourcampfire