Home
A few months ago I did a little reading on hunting/camping in the wilderness of Ontario .

License for small game and a wolf/coyote ''seal'' [I guess that's what we call a tag in the States?] was over $400.oo , camping - only thing mentioned was Crown land for $10.oo per night or private land for $100-$150 [small group] per weekend .

I was researching areas around Nipigon river/lake/town if I remember right- is this pretty standard stuff in Canada ? Not locked in on that area I just happened upon it on youtube .

I figured the folks here at the fire' could set me straight on what's what up there , thanks for any help .

Mike
The town of Nipigon is located at the top north shore of Lake Superior. I live 32 miles north of there right on the shores of Lake Nipigon.
We have lots of wolves--but--we trap and hunt them so they are wary and most are shot while hunting something else. I've shot a number of them over bait--I've tried calling them with predator calls but it never worked for me. That's not to say it won't work for a good caller.
There's a guy in Nipigon on 'you tube'--I know him and he's a good guy--good trapper and good guide but it's not a gareenteed thing with wolves and that $400 price tag for the liscense is a deal breaker for most.
That $10 for overnight camping is BS also and it is Ontario,s way of playing 'Screw the Americans'.
kkahmann ,

Thanks for the information , my Grandparents travelled and fished in that region many many moons ago , I always wanted to see it myself due to the stories told to me .

The camping price is just gov't doing what gov't does -steal money from people , not that I couldn't afford a few hundred bucks a month -it's the point .

Thanks for the info. , you live in a beautiful place from looking around on google earth . I'll go to Norther Minnesota and hop the border and camp for free out of spite smile..
kkahmann ,

Is the Nipigon river safe to run at slow speeds in a fiberglass hull boat ?

I plan on bringing a small fishing boat and hunting/camping/fishing out of it .

Thanks Mike
© 24hourcampfire