Home
Posted By: wabigoon Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 11/11/17
How is it going for the Canucks, moose, deer, birds? Any success with the game?
Posted By: 7 STW Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 11/11/17
A full freezer so I am grateful for that
Posted By: Cariboo Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 11/11/17
Young mule deer and young black bear. Neither is large but both are tasty. LoL

[Linked Image]
Posted By: harv3589 Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 11/12/17
One Pronghorn buck in the freezer for me...still looking for a bull moose, bull elk and must be a real big whitetail buck before I'll shoot it.
Posted By: catnthehat Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 11/12/17
Put one moose in the boat hauled up the river for a friend and two supplemental white tails fir me so far , hopefully my white tail buck and antlerless elk tag will get folded this week :>)
Cat
Posted By: Cpt_Canuck Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 11/12/17
I put a nice 5 point Bull Elk down on the Thanksgiving long weekend. Now It's deer season for me, next weekend hopefully we'll get that taken care of.... wink
A nice 2 pt bull moose, and half a cow elk in my freezer to date. Could have tagged out on mule deer but opted to wait for a big one as there is lots of meat there already.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 11/20/17
Richard, it's been a great season for us !

Saw more deer than ever before & took exactly what we wanted or the freezer.

Conditions were very condusive;
[Linked Image]

Deb's dry doe
[Linked Image]

My buddy Joe's fork;
[Linked Image]

My Son, Doug's young buck;
[Linked Image]

My fork;
[Linked Image]

Blessed to have a full freezer.
Great!!!! Enjoy seeing your success!!!
Posted By: Scruffee Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 12/23/17
Great season for my wife and I!

She filled her draw moose tag with a 37inch bull moose. For myself, I started my season early by passing on many spring bears (some nice colour phase too), I had set myself a minimum and stuck to it, the two big bruins I was after never showed their faces during shooting light so I came home empty handed but with a smile on my face as I had a blast. Then moving to this fall, I started with filling my draw moose tag with a 49inch bull, then filled my draw mule tag with 179 5/8" buck and ended my season in November by filling my whitetail tag with a 167 3/8" non-typical! We kept a full moose and the rest of the meat was either donated to charity or butchered with friends and given to families I know, all together, donations aside, we'll be feeding 6 families this winter and it feels damn good!

Already planning next year's season and looking to expand my horizons, looking at hunting Wyoming or Idaho!
Those are the smallest branch antlered racks I've ever seen. You should mount them... very unique.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 01/03/18
Originally Posted by Scruffee
Great season for my wife and I!

She filled her draw moose tag with a 37inch bull moose. For myself, I started my season early by passing on many spring bears (some nice colour phase too), I had set myself a minimum and stuck to it, the two big bruins I was after never showed their faces during shooting light so I came home empty handed but with a smile on my face as I had a blast. Then moving to this fall, I started with filling my draw moose tag with a 49inch bull, then filled my draw mule tag with 179 5/8" buck and ended my season in November by filling my whitetail tag with a 167 3/8" non-typical! We kept a full moose and the rest of the meat was either donated to charity or butchered with friends and given to families I know, all together, donations aside, we'll be feeding 6 families this winter and it feels damn good!

Already planning next year's season and looking to expand my horizons, looking at hunting Wyoming or Idaho!

Be nice to see some pics of those.
Posted By: Scruffee Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 01/09/18
Originally Posted by jaguartx

As requested

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[/QUOTE]
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 01/09/18
Awesome
Posted By: Judman Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 01/09/18
Damn good year!! Alberta?
Wow..
Posted By: ribka Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 01/09/18
nice. very nice deer

looks like Alberta
Posted By: gerry35 Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 01/09/18

As requested

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[/quote]

Looks to have been an amazing season, congratulations to you and your wife.
Posted By: Scruffee Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 01/10/18
Originally Posted by Judman
Damn good year!! Alberta?

Originally Posted by ribka
nice. very nice deer

looks like Alberta

Thanks guys, it's been a great season for sure. 2016 was also very good to us. We hunt Saskatchewan!
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 01/10/18
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
Those are the smallest branch antlered racks I've ever seen. You should mount them... very unique.

Assume you're talking about my son's buck, we did keep the skull & are going to do a euro mount.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 01/20/18
Nice bucks.
Posted By: Whelen Nut Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 01/20/18

As requested

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[/quote]
AWESOME! 'Twas a very good year!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Fall of 17 "harvest"? - 01/31/18

As requested

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[/quote]
Scruffee, you be the man. Great pics and thanks for them. Not many had a season like that. Great whitetail too, for sure.

Take care and good fortune again next year. MAGA
© 24hourcampfire