Home
Posted By: kingfisher Tag was just purchased - 11/14/17
We leave Thursday the 16th for our whitetail hunt in SK. Its been a couple of years since I have been back. This time my buddy and I bringing our 29 yr old sons for their first trip to Saskatchewan. We are betting we create two addicts, passing on what we have been doing for 20 years. I am hoping some day they take us to places like this.
We think the past easy winters, temps and moon alignment will make this one of our best years. We are the first group to get into camp. He has 9 hunters with 20 stands set. He had one solo hunter already take a nice deer. I think bringing our boys on this hunt has made it much more exciting for us.

Hurry up Thursday.
Posted By: Cpt_Canuck Re: Tag was just purchased - 11/15/17
Best of luck here in the Great White North!
It's very cool you're bringing your sons, waytago passing on the addiction.
Posted By: kingfisher Re: Tag was just purchased - 11/15/17
Anyone know what the rules are for hunting with a bow? My bow was thinking about bringing his bow. Does he need any paperwork to bring it in and is there additional tag requirements for using a bow?
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Tag was just purchased - 11/15/17
Good luck Kingfisher--I'm headed to Wisconsin this weekend to deer hunt also.
Posted By: kingfisher Re: Tag was just purchased - 11/16/17
Thanks and good luck

Anyone know if scents are prohibited in Sask?
Posted By: SKane Re: Tag was just purchased - 11/16/17
Good luck to you and the rest of the posse!!

I'd leave the bow at home unless they have blinds/stands already set in place for such hunting.
If in a treestand, with temps in the single digits, I'd worry about the bulk with amount of clothes it'd take for an all-day sit.

kkahmann,
What part of WI will you be taking a stand?
Cpt Canuck Welcome to the fire pull up a log and sit a while. Cheers NC

Posted By: kingfisher Re: Tag was just purchased - 11/30/17
Trip was great, deer numbers very high again. Fingers crossed that the winter is good to them this year. I am already booked to return. For the season my outfitter went 8-10 with two having good deer but looking for big deer. I took a decent 11 point, not the buck I really wanted but he had a unique rack and he was most likely a 4.5 year old. I saw over 25 different bucks in 6 days. Buddy saw over 31 different buck 30 miles away from me. Our boys saw nice deer also with my son tagging out.
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Tag was just purchased - 12/03/17
I was in a tree stand on private land in Barron County. Saw a ton of deer and even a few turkeys.
I couldn't take the pressure and killed a small basket racked buck on Sunday morning then saw a couple of dandys on Sunday afternoon while looking for a big dry doe. Just about all the does I saw had 2 fawns and the deer all looked fat and in good shape.
Posted By: kingfisher Re: Tag was just purchased - 12/05/17
It was a good trip, deer numbers are high. Let's hope the winter is kind to them this year.
© 24hourcampfire