Home
I’ve been reloading for the last 14 years, and have probably not bought shells in a decade other than the odd box of shotgun shells or point two-two’s.
I was in WSS today and saw that they have 40% off on ammo with their close out sale.
They had heaps of 270/7mm Wizzem shells if anyone is looking.
I also noticed piles of 7x57 shells. I happen to own a rifle in 7x57 so without looking at the price I bought 5 boxes of Remington corelock’s.
It’s 40% off, it’s got to be a bargain either way.
Turns out that those shells were 46.95 per box before the discount. When did ammo become so expensive?
I remember a box of your garden variety 30-06 shells being under 30$’s
Heck, I remember $8 for a 20 round box of 30-06. Cor lokt or power points and federal red box.
I started reloading when five boxes of '06 cost me $40 and change.
Originally Posted by JollyOldDiggerNick

Turns out that those shells were 46.95 per box before the discount. When did ammo become so expensive?
I remember a box of your garden variety 30-06 shells being under 30$’s

Our local Walmart here in Alberta has garden variety 30-06 Winchester power points for $24.95 and Federal Blue box for $28, yah, they used to be $4.50 forty five years ago.
I ain't that old but I recall centerfire at 2.99 or 3.99 a box of 20 on sale... I"m only 53 here in a month or so....
That stuff averages about $30 per box here in the states. It's about $20 per box for 30-06. I guess part of the price is that it's limited production and part is the difference in our dollars. Any import taxes?
© 24hourcampfire