Home
I want to schedule a deer hunt for this fall in either Quebec or Ontario. Would like to plan/ book it soon

Out of the two, which Provence do you feel has the best deer hunting

Who would you recommend for a guide. Looking for a real good one. Private one on one

Looking for a wooded/ swamp area for the hunt as I do not like shooting across field

Any help/ recommendations for this hunt would be greatly appreciated
I've lived/hunted in both. If you are going with an outfitter, I would recommend northern Ontario, there are some huge deer up there.

As for Quebec, if you are looking at opportunities to hunt/shoot a couple 110/120 inch deer, look into Anticosti Island in Quebec.

Good luck!
[i][/i]there are places in ontario where all you need to get a Deer is just open a door of you car (only one)., and when Deer jump in just close the door. This is not a joke, soooo many. The place is MI you find it now.
Originally Posted by andrews1958
I want to schedule a deer hunt for this fall in either Quebec or Ontario. Would like to plan/ book it soon

Out of the two, which Provence do you feel has the best deer hunting

Who would you recommend for a guide. Looking for a real good one. Private one on one

Looking for a wooded/ swamp area for the hunt as I do not like shooting across field

Any help/ recommendations for this hunt would be greatly appreciated

Are deer numbers low in Maine? They are terrible here in NB.
I've always wanted to hunt Quebec....I love the topography in Quebec more than Ontario... more rolling terrain
in Quebec...haven't hunted it, but certainly been all over the province....

When I worked in Canada, we had a group of guys who were from far western Quebec.. west of Ottawa...
got to visit there once or twice... .certainly some nice deer hunting areas...

they were all deer hunters.... and even tho they had French last names, in the town they
were from, everyone spoke English as their daily language instead of French...

minus those crazy French.. I love Quebec...
Originally Posted by Scruffee
I've lived/hunted in both. If you are going with an outfitter, I would recommend northern Ontario, there are some huge deer up there.

As for Quebec, if you are looking at opportunities to hunt/shoot a couple 110/120 inch deer, look into Anticosti Island in Quebec.

Good luck!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Neither of those provinces would be my choice I'd go Saskachewan. Where the world record 14 pointer was shot scoring BC at 213 5/8. Check out Hanson buck
If you enjoy still hunting rather than sitting in a stand all day and aren't looking for a trophy rack to put on the wall, Anticosti Island in Quebec would be a great choice. Lots of deer, great scenery and comfortable accommodations through Sepaq Anticosti.
© 24hourcampfire