Home
Posted By: kkahmann Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/20/18
Senate voted last night 52 yea 29 nay. Recreational Pot is legal. It awaits Royal Assent and in 8 to 12 weeks you will be able to buy it in stores or on-line.

I don’t smoke it nor do I drink alcohol but it has been a hot topic of discussion around the dinner table at my fishing camp.
Posted By: comerade Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/20/18
This will help nothing, imo. Just another reason not to go to town- that stink.
I'm curious to see how this will change or not change things in Canada, other than Cannabis stores similar to liquor outlets.
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/20/18
I have a few fishermen that come in from Minnesota, Michigan and Wisconsin and there was actually more discussion about it last year.
I’m retired and have more business than I really want but I can’t stop thinking like a camp operator. I thought there might be an increase in tourism because of it but now I’m not so sure.
In our discussions I was suprized at the number of guys, my age, who admitted to enjoying a toke.
All of my guys come here for the fishing but if you cut-off the oilers from their beer there would be hell to pay—the tokers not so much.
I also have a fair number of law enforcement personnel who fish here including FBI agents, a judge and a couple of crown prosecutors and a district attorney and I was concerned that a possession charge here,even a small amount, would reflect badly on me.
I guess now I don’t have to worry cause nobody really seems to care.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/20/18
If they don't care now.............they sure won't later LOL.
Posted By: Kota Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/20/18
So does this mean that non resident aliens from the states can bring it into Canada now without fear of issues with Law enforcement professionals? Not that I use it, just asking for a friend cool
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/21/18
That’s a good question Kota and not having read the legislation I really don’t know. I have read that you will be allowed up to 30 grams in public,which is an ounce,which I understand is an awful lot. No public consumption—has to be in a residence.
The guy who mows my lawn is a known pot-head, I call him my yard-boy, that’s disrespectful I suppose, but everyone else calls him meathead. I’ve never known him to have a job and he’s 46 years old.
I asked him what he pays for pot and he told me $50 for 3 1/2 grams. I’ve also read the price is gonna be about $10 per gram in the stores when it becomes available on October 17th. Maybe store bought will save him some money.
Posted By: kingston Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/21/18
Originally Posted by kkahmann
That’s a good question Kota and not having read the legislation I really don’t know. I have read that you will be allowed up to 30 grams in public,which is an ounce,which I understand is an awful lot. No public consumption—has to be in a residence.
The guy who mows my lawn is a known pot-head, I call him my yard-boy, that’s disrespectful I suppose, but everyone else calls him meathead. I’ve never known him to have a job and he’s 46 years old.
I asked him what he pays for pot and he told me $50 for 3 1/2 grams. I’ve also read the price is gonna be about $10 per gram in the stores when it becomes available on October 17th. Maybe store bought will save him some money.

Then he can lower the price of yard work.
Isn't it something that Mr. Dressup thinks legalizing pot is more important than other more pressing matters confronting the country. The most laughable part of it all is how he has been able to get Bill Blair (a former Toronto chief of police) to be a shill for the whole enterprise. If anybody ever had any respect for Blair I am sure it has now disappeared. I think Blair would kiss Trudeau's butt in the public square if he thought he could gain some more recognition.

Jim
Posted By: Newellknik Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/22/18
Considering this started out as a way to have no criminal record
for minor personal use possession, I think the Liberals in usual
liberal form have manage to screw it up royally .
I am worried more about the growth in liberal deadheads than
A few more brain dead potheads.

I am already asking anybody who has to have their wits about them
to serve me in any way ....

The new Canadian Motto " ARE YOU HIGH RIGHT NOW "

The cashier at Safeway thought it was pretty funny , she probably
Was !
Posted By: ingwe Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/22/18
Congratulations, google what legalization has done for Colorado here in the states....
Posted By: pete53 Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/22/18
I have heard the Cannabis cream form works very well for muscle and hand,arm,feet and leg joint pain also. people with cancer problems seem to get relief too.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/22/18
Originally Posted by pete53
I have heard the Cannabis cream form works very well for muscle and hand,arm,feet and leg joint pain also. people with cancer problems seem to get relief too.

There is a minuscule fraction of the population that will actually experience any pain relief from cannabis products. What you will quickly see is that 99.9% of those using " Medical" Marijuana are simply older folks who want to get high. Down here we have a surprising number of college age Medical Marijuana users who have chronic pain.
The Medical Marijuana thing is all a sham, and recreational Marijuana is pretty much a disaster...minus the sham.....
Posted By: Seafire Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/26/18
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by pete53

There is a minuscule fraction of the population that will actually experience any pain relief from cannabis products. What you will quickly see is that 99.9% of those using " Medical" Marijuana are simply older folks who want to get high. Down here we have a surprising number of college age Medical Marijuana users who have chronic pain.
The Medical Marijuana thing is all a sham, and recreational Marijuana is pretty much a disaster...minus the sham.....

That sums it up well..

there is types that can take care of the pain, and does not make the patient or user High...

No one "with pain" seems to have any interest in that version.

Legalizing dope has done nothing positive for Oregon or Washington either, unless you vote democRAT...

The part of society that does nothing to contribute to it, except being a drain on it..
read that as welfare abusers, and the Transient ( aka "HOMELESS" ) crowd, sure seem to
love its legalization... helps them get thru the day easier... since they have to think less about
anything.. they are too damn lazy to even having to think...

yeah Dope has a positive influence in society..... BullSchmidt...
Posted By: pal Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/26/18
Originally Posted by Seafire
...There is a minuscule fraction of the population that will actually experience any pain relief from cannabis products. What you will quickly see is that 99.9% of those using " Medical" Marijuana are simply older folks who want to get high...The Medical Marijuana thing is all a sham, and recreational Marijuana is pretty much a disaster...minus the sham.....

That sums it up well...

With all due respect, you two really don't know WTF you're talking about.
So what passes for a Canadian legislature still has to bow before the queen?
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/26/18
Originally Posted by Kota
So does this mean that non resident aliens from the states can bring it into Canada now without fear of issues with Law enforcement professionals? Not that I use it, just asking for a friend cool

No definitive answer to this yet, but ............

I'm betting you will not be able to cross the border with it, but you will be able to legally buy it here & contribute tax money to Ontario !
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/26/18
Originally Posted by rustyzipper

We are still a Commonwealth country !
Originally Posted by pal
...There is a minuscule fraction of the population that will actually experience any pain relief from cannabis products. What you will quickly see is that 99.9% of those using " Medical" Marijuana are simply older folks who want to get high...The Medical Marijuana thing is all a sham, and recreational Marijuana is pretty much a disaster...minus the sham.....

That sums it up well...

With all due respect, you two really don't know WTF you're talking about.

Well PAL, you and I have exchanged PMs before...
I would consider a conversation with you as an open and honest discussion...

I can say around here, for every decent citizen that uses it... there are 100 plus useless
citizens abusing it...

I can't speak for Ingwe.. but most of my issues with dope, is the abuse of it...

and its pointed out by folks here that there are ways it can be processed or types of cannabis
that can decrease pain issues.. without making people high.... but local 'clinics' can't seem to
generate much interest in that version, with all the millennial Medical Marijuana Card crowd...

I have talked to what I'd consider responsible members of society and have learned a lot about
stuff like that...but I still have issues with its abuse...

and before bringing up the Alcohol comparison...I don't consume alcohol either, nor cigarettes etc.
and don't care for the abuse of that either...
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/26/18

...I don't consume alcohol either, nor cigarettes etc.

How does the joke go? I don't drink, smoke or cuss . . . godammit, I left my cigarettes at the bar!

Betting you probably cuss though. laugh Got to have a vice somewhere
Posted By: pal Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/26/18
...I can say around here, for every decent citizen that uses it... there are 100 plus useless
citizens abusing it...

This is where you guys discredit yourselves, with wild made-up "facts" that aren't. You are certainly welcome to your own brand of prejudice, though.
Posted By: centershot Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/26/18
Unfortunate.
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

...I don't consume alcohol either, nor cigarettes etc.

How does the joke go? I don't drink, smoke or cuss . . . godammit, I left my cigarettes at the bar!

Betting you probably cuss though. laugh Got to have a vice somewhere

ya got me... never said I was perfect...

anyone who knows me on the campfire will tell ya at length that I'm not perfect. by a long shot.

yeah I've been known to say Damn it once in a while.... whistle

among other choice words.....
Posted By: sse Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/29/18
everything's going to pot
Posted By: ingwe Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/29/18
Originally Posted by pal

This is where you guys discredit yourselves, with wild made-up "facts" that aren't. You are certainly welcome to your own brand of prejudice, though.

Gee, I don't remember making up any facts....and it would seem like prejudice is a two sided coin....
Posted By: greydog Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/29/18
Originally Posted by rustyzipper

And this is appropriate for what reason? Royal assent is nothing but a term which has been perpetuated in a process.
I, quite frankly, do not care whether marijuana is legal or not; just as I don't care whether or not alcohol is legal or not. Abuse of any substance is stupid and happens regardless of legality. It is,perhaps, telling to realize how many historical figures, Canadian and American alike, were drunks. Indeed, in many cases their drunkeness came to be regarded as a virtue. Maybe the pothead and/or opiate addict will be as highly regarded in the future as the drunk has in the past. GD
Posted By: blanket Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/30/18
Senate voted last night 52 yea 29 nay. Recreational Pot is legal. It awaits Royal Assent and in 8 to 12 weeks you will be able to buy it in stores or on-line.

I don’t smoke it nor do I drink alcohol but it has been a hot topic of discussion around the dinner table at my fishing camp.
well maybe legal pot will help you Canucks forget about your health care system and your backstabbing gay PM
Posted By: 673 Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/30/18
Originally Posted by blanket

well maybe legal pot will help you Canucks forget about your health care system and your backstabbing gay PM

Why dont you just mind your own [bleep] business.
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by blanket

Why dont you just mind your own [bleep] business.
why don't you spit out your PM's tootsie roll and get a clue
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/30/18
Blanket—do you have any direct experience with Canada’s health care system?
I’ve heard all the stories about sub-standard care and long wait lines but truthfully I have never experienced any of it.
I have been to a rural hospital in Wytheville, Virginia— been to the hospital in Aitkin, and Olivia and Duluth, Minnesota.
I have been to the Hospital in Ashland, Wisconsin and to the VA at Fort Snelling.
I live much more isolated than most people but have always felt I got excellent and better care at my little local medcenter and hospital than in any of those more sophisticated places.
I had a very bad experience in RSVN with Pot in 1969. Tried it again about 1972–hated the way it made me feel and preached against the devil weed for many years thereafter. I will never use it again.
I have since changed my thinking on Pot
As I have gotten older I have learned that it ain’t all about me.
I might nie killed my self with perfectly legal whiskey and all the cops and politicians never helped me in any way with that.
I interact everyday with potheads, alcoholics and drug addicts and I would much rather deal with potheads.
Drugs and alcohol are a self-limiting problem —you either get sober or you die—and I never met a cop nor a politician that really understands or helps with that.
Drugs and alcohol kill people everyday—Pot not so much.
elderly family members in Windsor Ontario less than happy with the system
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/30/18
Thank you Blanket
In truth I know very little about Canada. I’ve been to Winnipeg once and twice to Toronta.
I lived on the North Shore of Lake Superior for 20 years and on Lake Nipigon for the last 27 years.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/30/18
Russ, Karl knows his "stuff".
Posted By: greydog Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 06/30/18
Canadian medical system has always treated my wife and I very well. The problem which exist are problems common to any bureaucracy. Eventually, they will strangle on their own regulations and procedures. There seems to be no way around it. GD
Posted By: pal Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 07/02/18
...Gee, I don't remember making up any facts...

...There is a minuscule fraction of the population that will actually experience any pain relief from cannabis products. What you will quickly see is that 99.9% of those using " Medical" Marijuana are simply older folks who want to get high...

This is the BS you forgot you made up to support your prejudice.
Posted By: centershot Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 07/02/18
Blanket—do you have any direct experience with Canada’s health care system?
I’ve heard all the stories about sub-standard care and long wait lines but truthfully I have never experienced any of it.
I have been to a rural hospital in Wytheville, Virginia— been to the hospital in Aitkin, and Olivia and Duluth, Minnesota.
I have been to the Hospital in Ashland, Wisconsin and to the VA at Fort Snelling.
I live much more isolated than most people but have always felt I got excellent and better care at my little local medcenter and hospital than in any of those more sophisticated places.
I had a very bad experience in RSVN with Pot in 1969. Tried it again about 1972–hated the way it made me feel and preached against the devil weed for many years thereafter. I will never use it again.
I have since changed my thinking on Pot
As I have gotten older I have learned that it ain’t all about me.
I might nie killed my self with perfectly legal whiskey and all the cops and politicians never helped me in any way with that.
I interact everyday with potheads, alcoholics and drug addicts and I would much rather deal with potheads.
Drugs and alcohol are a self-limiting problem —you either get sober or you die—and I never met a cop nor a politician that really understands or helps with that.
Drugs and alcohol kill people everyday—Pot not so much.

[u][/u]

I understand the quote is taken out of context but that is exactly why I am against it. You really want your kids to have easy(easier) access?
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 07/04/18
'The US is fugging us on tariffs.Lets make pot legal, eh?'
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Voteing done-Pots legal - 07/05/18
My daughter is 42 and my grand daughter is 24 I have no doubt both of them know more about Pot than I ever will. I do prefer they buy it legally instead of on some street corner if they chose to partake. I had the drug conversation with them before they reached puberty. I really don’t expect them to even ask my opinion since they didn’t on their choice in men.

Canada can’t win a war with the US and it doesn’t matter if it’s trade, guns, money, marbles or chalk.

The US was nice enough to allow Canada to protect its dairy and chicken industries under the free trade agreement and the Auto-Pact of 1964 has always worked in favour of Canada.

I just brought a used boat across the border and had to pay the Canadian government and extra 240 bucks on top of the 2grand the boat cost. That ain’t free trade in my books and I’m big on free trade.
© 24hourcampfire