Home
Posted By: wabigoon What Are You Paying For Gas? - 01/19/19
I just looked up Dryden, Ontario. $1.19 a liter.
.90 a litre.
If I did the conversion tight, it would be half, nearly to the penny of saskfox. About $1.80 US per gallon (3.78 liter)- Y'all !

MAGA
It's about $2.56 US Dollar per US gallon the way I figured it .90 x 3.78 = $ 3.40 Canadian per US gallon. $ 3.40 Canadian = $ 2.56 US.
About 2.59 gal, but we have one of the highest gas taxes in the country .....thanks Dems.
I think we are 122.9 a litre at Costco.
$1.84 per gallon here in N. TX
How much of that big difference in US, and Canadian gas is taxes?
I paid $102.9 per liter within sight of the largest refinery in Canada today.
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Holy [bleep] man, why aren't you people rioting?
Originally Posted by websterparish47

Typo from lala land. smile

Should be 102.9 cents per liter.
Originally Posted by Dogslife57
About 2.59 gal, but we have one of the highest gas taxes in the country .....thanks Dems.

Sucks to be #1.

The esteemed Gov. want$ even more.
$1.20.9 per litre.
Posted By: 673 Re: What Are You Paying For Gas? - 01/20/19

Holy [bleep] man, why aren't you people rioting?[/quote]

Good question LOL
117 per litre here in Salmon arm bc, between 4.50 and 5.00 bucks a gallon.
Posted By: Rug3 Re: What Are You Paying For Gas? - 01/20/19
$2.29 a US gallon today in Upstate New York. The least I've paid in years. Many years.
673;
Good evening to you sir, I trust all is well with you folks tonight.

Somehow I never twigged that you were where you are - I've got family there and it's a lovely part of the province for sure.

Anyway I believe it's $1.08.9 here in the Falls for gas, but I want to say I paid $1.19 or something in that neighborhood for diesel before heading up to buddy's place in Vernon last night.

We did some ice fishing out there early this morning and on the way home it was 10° in Kelowna and I followed a chap on a Harley all through town.

Only in the south Okanagan can we go ice fishing in the morning and take the hog for a run in the afternoon, eh? wink

Oh, buddy managed to get some fish through the ice but alas I managed only to break a nice one off at the hole after having two spit the hooks at about the same place. Showing if nothing else I need to practice my ice fishing technique!

All the best to you this year 673. If you're so inclined and you're down this way give me a shout and if I can swing it I'll buy you something liquid or some of the world famous ice cream if they're open.

Dwayne
$1.99 here
1.00 liter here in Northern Alberta.
Pump this AM read 2.66 & 9/10th. Cheers NC
Originally Posted by saskfox
It's about $2.56 US Dollar per US gallon the way I figured it .90 x 3.78 = $ 3.40 Canadian per US gallon. $ 3.40 Canadian = $ 2.56 US.

Ahh I forgot about the currency differential.
86.4/litre here....enjoying it for as long as it lasts
Posted By: ATC Re: What Are You Paying For Gas? - 01/20/19
$2.11 USD in Delaware.
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by saskfox

Ahh I forgot about the currency differential.

Plus the Imperial gal is larger than the US gal.
19 liters is close to 5 US gallons. To equate, I take the liter price times 19, divide by 5, then figure the dollar difference.
Pretty close to 4 litres per US gallon so
4X $1.09=$ 4.36 plus ,33 exchange rate = 1.44 + 4.36 = $5.86 per gallon
Gotta be something wrong with my math
Karl, I come up with $3.1065, my way. Using .75 cents US on the Ca dollar. More than the 2.09 I payed this morning.

At any rate, stay warm, it's cold!
Richard—when you buy Canadian money with US it might be .75cents to the Canadian dollar but i bought $1000 US from the local Royal Bank of Canada—they charged me $1322 CAN for $1000 US.
Clear night for the eclipse and it is kinda neat but -41 below—good thing there is no wind
3.785 liters = 1 US gallon
current exchange rate is 1.326 CAD = 1 USD....( .754 USD= 1 CAD)

multiply 3.785 times .754 = 2.854.....this times the canadian price per liter is equivalent to the US dollar price per US gallon

if the canadian price of gas is 1.19 per liter.....it's (times 2.854) $3.396 USD per US gallon

I hope this helps evaluate
conversely, if the USD price is $2.000 per US gallon (divide by 2.854) it's .70 CAD per liter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
How much of that big difference in US, and Canadian gas is taxes?
all of it......oil is a world commodity.....same price everywhere. Increasing the price of gasoline by taxation further increases the cost of refining it.....it's an escalating spiral.....
Vape—Thank You
I’m obviously not very good at math
@$1.19.9 per litre, as Richard stated !

Originally Posted by websterparish47

Because we were paying over $1.40 per litre, in the summer !
$.0869 yesterday here in Calgary.
$1.84. U.S. dollars per gallon in TX an hour ago.
Originally Posted by kkahmann

Clear night for the eclipse and it is kinda neat but -41 below—good thing there is no wind

Good LORD !!!!!!!!!!!

Ice out in Ignace won't be til July, this year ……………….. !!!!!
Originally Posted by Dogslife57

Ahhhhhhhh………….the good old People's Republic of Pennsylvania...………….. Them commies in Harrisburg ain't never seen a tax they couldn't increase. Pennsylvanians are STILL paying an 18% tax on (state monopolized) liquor sales enacted in 1936 to help the victims of the Johnstown flood !!!!!!!!
$2.04 yesterday $2.27 today!
Posted By: las Re: What Are You Paying For Gas? - 01/22/19
It was over $5/gal on Molokai. $3 something here on the Kenai.

If you have to ask, you can't afford it - or not as much of it.... smile
Posted By: sse Re: What Are You Paying For Gas? - 01/22/19
loonies & two-nies
I paid $19 (Pesos) per litre Sunday in Agua Prieta, Mexico. ($3.88/gallon).

It's $2.55 here in AZ
Posted By: hanco Re: What Are You Paying For Gas? - 01/23/19
1.80 for regular unleaded, 2.50 for diesel
Originally Posted by kkahmann
Pretty close to 4 litres per US gallon so
4X $1.09=$ 4.36 plus ,33 exchange rate = 1.44 + 4.36 = $5.86 per gallon
Gotta be something wrong with my math

3.78 liters in american gallon. work that calculator some more. LOL
Posted By: hanco Re: What Are You Paying For Gas? - 01/26/19
Diesel is 2.30, gas 1.90 here
Hi all - Just looked and gas here in New Brunswick CAN is $1.03 / litre. That comes to about $ 3.90/gal CAD which is about $ 2.92 USD at bank rates today. And Diesel is $ 1.30/ltr CAD = $ 4.92 gal which is $3.69/gal USD. Eastern Canada is in this range, while Quebec is a few cents cheaper and Toronto is 10-15 c cheaper per litre.
Eddie! Welcome to the 'fire!!!

Watch your coat, and hat!
$2.36
I buy mostly Diesel. I've been paying $2.60 up to $3.00 per gallon. Right now it's running about $2.68 Gallon.
$2.23 in CT and our state gas tax is high.
Our prices have come steadily down. I posted here a couple of weeks ago at 2.59 and I paid 2.39 today.
$3.40 in the City. $3.30 near my house.
Originally Posted by Fasteddie01
Hi all - Just looked and gas here in New Brunswick CAN is $1.03 / litre. That comes to about $ 3.90/gal CAD which is about $ 2.92 USD at bank rates today. And Diesel is $ 1.30/ltr CAD = $ 4.92 gal which is $3.69/gal USD. Eastern Canada is in this range, while Quebec is a few cents cheaper and Toronto is 10-15 c cheaper per litre.

Welcome eddie.
© 24hourcampfire