Home
For a commercial business, I mean.

Yesterday I dropped off a single shot 22 Hornet at Wise Choice Sporting Goods to have reamed to K-Hornet. Rob Wise, Ellwood Epps grandson, owns the place and was doing it for me. He phoned this morning and said it was finished. I wasn't quite expecting the rifle to be ready for a few weeks or even longer. He must be caught up. Like any gunsmith, expecting fast service just before or during the hunting season is not going to happen - but it's February. That's why I waited until now to get the conversion done.

I got this photo from the Internet. It is the view, standing on the customer side of the counter. When you walk in, it's literally like stepping back in time. You would be hard pressed to find anything - except for merchandise perhaps - that was made after 1970. The place is cluttered, but wonderfully functional and comfortable to visit.

Rob is a personable fellow who is located about 10 or 15 km north of Epps Sporting Goods on Hwy 11. In some respects, he is like his grampa. By that I mean how he keeps the place, and his thoughts about firearms. He is not on the Internet, and has no plans or any desire to do so.

He also sells bait and fishing equipment. I guess there was a fishing derby yesterday, because people were in and out of the place looking for minnows, grubs, etc.

If you are ever in the area and want to drop in, you can find him here - 1364 Hwy 11 N, Severn Bridge, ON.

[Linked Image]
Steve Ellwood Epps Chambered a P-17 in 308 NM for me which my Gr'dson now has; small world isn't it? Cheers NC
It sure is! I guess, even before the Internet, we were more connected than we thought.
"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution." - anonymous >>< You have that on your thread?? Amazing !
Im still laughing!!
Would you like another bedtime story? It's a hunting story. The kind you probably enjoyed when you were of sound mind, and before they took your firearms away. laugh

Have you finished your meal and taken your pills? I'll begin soon.
I phoned Rob this morning and told him that I would be down on Wednesday. I guess I'll have to load up 100 Hornet cases to fire form. I have a few hundred 45 gr Hornet bullets by Sierra that I bought at a gun show yrs ago. I will use them for the case forming.
© 24hourcampfire