Home
New here.

Recently bought a new handgun, first in about 6 years (so, pre-Trudeau). I'm told it will take 5-10 business days for the transfer.

Last time I bought a handgun, I seem to recall the transfer was approved within a day. In fact, I kinda recall them pretty much approving it over the phone.

Am I wrong?
Wait times are longer since the introduction of bill C-71 by the Trudeau government. Background checks were previously only the past 5 years now they research your whole life history before approval. So when you were 16 years old and did a crime you may not be approved. Stupid i know. Welcome to fire.
Yeah, but I have my R-PAL (though it's due to be renewed in November). It's a simple transfer, not a PAL application.

My son has been waiting a couple months for his R-PAL, but he says they've cashed his cheque so I assume it will be along soon.
R-Pal don't make you automatic approval, for RCMP history check. I know some who have R-pal and can't get a handgun or their x wife won't approve them having a firearm.
Check with your local Gendarmerie Royale Canuck.
Check with your local Gendarmerie Royale Canuck.
© 24hourcampfire