Home
The Orillia Gun Club is closed because of the beer virus. How about yours?

I thought this would be a great time to test some loads and scare my chronograph, but that ain't happening for a couple of weeks I guess.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Yes the Oshawa Gun Club is completely shut down, even the rifle range. Why it was necessary to close the rifle range I don't know.

Jim
Posted By: Puddle Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 03/24/20
Yup. Current lie is reopening April 1st. Far better lie would be May 1st.

Sucks when I'm normally out there once a week ... guess I'll go load some more ammo...
Yes, for 2 weeks, minimum. Closing at 8 pm today.
ours kept the range open, clubhouse is closed.
Posted By: Barryt Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 03/25/20
All club activities and organized events shut down, but outdoor range still open for personal usage if there's no group gatherings!
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 03/25/20
Evnin guys, gals, Steve if ya just "have to" shoot I can shoot at home here out to 98, 99 yds more after spring. Let me know!!! I think I have an in down the road to shoot 500 maybe 600!!! Buddy of mine just bought a long range 416 barret, & a 6.5 xyz.sumpthin. We only have a movable bench & make shift target backer now but shortly we're building a large steel steady bench. I think that we're going to make a movable target board, (heavy) all steel including the wheels so we can change the yardage easy. We're going to get some proper gongs shortly to, none of us are rich?!! Just a thought, I know if I got a new gun I'd have to shoot it soon or go into shock, seizure, so if ya (need) to give me a call. Bill out. 🐾👣🇨🇦
Steve;
Good evening to you sir, I hope that you and yours are keeping as well as possible in this interesting time we're going through.

Thus far the local club still has the range open, but that could change anytime I'm sure.

We had to suspend the Hunter Safety Course part way through - I coordinate that and have done for 31 years now. Felt very surreal to call everyone to tell them we had to do that.

Anyway, we'll get through this one way or the other Steve, it's what we do. Stay well.

Dwayne
Ours is open to certain members. Went there today.
Ours is still open .
Cat
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 03/25/20
Open.
They have gun clubs in Canada? Never heard of such a thing hereabouts.
Here in Southeastern Pa my club, Falls Township Rifle & Pistol Association has been closed since 3/20/20. Governor issued the "order" and we closed all competitions, public shoots like sporting clays, five stand, and open trap night etc. until the close order for non life suporting bussnesses is lifted. We are non-profit, but closed anyway to help stop the spread of COVID19.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 03/25/20
our club house is closed to all except board members, all rifle and pistol ranges are opened only to club members.no trap shooting tel who knows when? just heard on the TV news Wisconsin has shut things down tel April 24 th ,so i am betting we got a long ways to go ?
Mine is still open. but they are not allowing guests at this time.
In New Jersey, our POS governor has ordered all gun clubs and ranges, public and private, closed.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 03/25/20
Our range here in Boulder City, NV is closed; but we have plenty of empty desert.
By the look of things, many clubs have been temporarily shut down. Like 1OntarioJim points out, I am at a loss to understand why the outside range is shut down. I am not sure about the US, but up here, they are asking people to stay at least 6 ft away from others. That is easily done at any outdoor rifle range that I have ever attended.

We live in interesting times!
Ours (Peterborough Trap) is closed.
We had a phone/e-mail board meeting yesterday. We decided to cancel all organized events, including Wednesday evening and Sunday Trap and Skeet shooting. We decided to leave our 9 rifle ranges open.

Then this afternoon, Montana Governor Bullock announced that starting at 12:01 Saturday morning, that "prohibits all public and private gatherings of any number of people occurring outside a household or place of residence."

Exceptions include allowing us "To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with social distancing...",so I would interpret that to mean that we can still shoot at the ranges as long as we stay 6' away from other shooters.
I’ll find out in the morning. No notice of a closure yet.
Yep ranges and events cancelled this month, probably a bit longer but we'll see.
Posted By: ATC Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 03/27/20
Range is open but monthly meetings and any other gatherings are cancelled.
Closed.

They let us shoot last Sunday, but they didn't want anymore than 10 shooters on the range at once. Now it's closed until further notice. mad
Originally Posted by Barryt
All club activities and organized events shut down, but outdoor range still open for personal usage if there's no group gatherings!

Same here.
yep, shut down here too.
Did your club suggest a date that they will reopen? I'm a member of two clubs, and both said, "until further notice".
What is not shut down Steve? I'll be so glad when "this' is over.
In Ontario?

Tim Hortons
Grocery stores
liquor stores
drug stores
corner stores
gas stations
hardware stores
take out and delivery restaurants

Oh heck, here's the list - https://lfpress.com/news/local-news...-these-business-can-stay-open-in-ontario

I was hoping to enjoy the nice weather at the range, but instead, I'll go somewhere else. Once things open, I expect a few weeks of superior range time. With most people needing to work to earn a paycheque, the range will be quieter than normal. Don't be a negative Nellie. Smile!

[Linked Image from thesun.co.uk]

Hail Caesar!

Medicine Hat Range closed the other day.
At least there is a family member that owns a chunk of land I can
shoot my rifles and shot guns on. Sucks for restricted though.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 03/28/20
Originally Posted by ATC
Range is open but monthly meetings and any other gatherings are cancelled.

Same here.
Posted By: djs Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 03/28/20
Not actually shut down, but recommended to adhere to strict social distancing.
No.
Nope
Posted By: 79S Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 03/28/20
Our local range just sent out email shutting it down today to all members. Couple days ago they closed it to non members.. might reopen 10th-11th of April. The big public range out here in the valley that DNR runs I imagine they locked the gate by now.
Yea Birchwood shut down Today was on it Friday.
Posted By: Stuart Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 03/29/20
MIssion, BC closed until further notice:

"THE CLUB WILL BE CLOSED INDEFINITELY AS OF MARCH 25TH 2020 UNTIL SUCH TIME AS THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS DEEMS IT SAFE TO REOPEN! THIS IS DUE TO CONCERN FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR MEMBERS AND STAFF DUE TO THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC. PLEASE CHECK THE CLUB WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION!"
Jiminy Jillikers! I hope they meant this. laugh

MIssion, BC closed until further notice:

"THE CLUB WILL BE CLOSED INDEFINITELY AS OF MARCH 25TH 2020 UNTIL SUCH TIME AS THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS DEEMS IT SAFE TO REOPEN! THIS IS DUE TO CONCERN FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR MEMBERS AND STAFF DUE TO THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC. PLEASE CHECK THE CLUB WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION!"
---

Jiminy Jillikers! I've said Jiminy Jillikers so many times, the words have lost all meaning!

BREAKING: Trump administration classifies gun shops, gun manufacturers and ranges essential businesses 0
BY LEE WILLIAMS ON MARCH 28, 2020UNCATEGORIZED
Lee’s note: This just in — the Department of Homeland Security has classified firearms manufacturers, ranges and retail stores as “essential businesses,” which cannot be closed during the coronavirus emergency.

This just in from the National Shooting

Link to article: https://www.thegunwriter.com/25025/...cturers-and-ranges-essential-businesses/
Steve;
Good morning to you sir, I hope you and yours are doing as well as can be, all things taken into consideration.

We got notice via email yesterday morning that our club has closed until further notice as well.

Seeing as how nobody really knows who was at the shooting bench before you, I get that it could represent a safety concern.

That doesn't mean I'm not a wee bit disappointed however, as I had a bunch of new loads I wanted to chronograph. While we are legal to shoot in the mountains, there's still 2-3' of snow where I'd shoot so that too shall either come in the fullness of time - or not.

As always sir, all the best to you folks and do stay well.

Dwayne
Our range closed as of yesterday 3/28/2020 @ 5pm. The retail store is still open but no range.
I seem to remember seeing notice that the CMP Range in Talladega is closed.
The three clubs I have membership in are not closed. Social distancing is to be practiced at all times and one club open to ten shooters at a time on the benches with only three at a time in the pistol berms.
ALL are closed to match use.
Trap Range only at my club.

Dan
I guess it will get worse before it gets better.
Just read an email saying that ours is shut down now as well in accordance to the temporary regulations .
Cat
Posted By: 79S Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 03/31/20
ours is back open again to members only, after President Trump said they were essential.
Super lucky here. I"ve never belonged to a range. Access with benches to 600 right out the door on our property.

The more they close the safer things are supposed to be, but for those that aren't lucky to own property, I"m sure folks could get a bit ansy by now, though I'd never run out of things to do.
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Barryt

Same here.

Our is closed now. Oh bother! frown
Posted By: Rooney Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 04/01/20
Ours was open yesterday...but with the weather to day and the forecast for the next couple of days it may as well be closed!
Posted By: hanco Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 04/04/20
Nope

I shoot at the deer lease!
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Is your gun club shut down? - 04/04/20
The club just sent out an email that they are opening up again with restrictions. Before closing, the public could use part of the ranges four days a week, now there will be no public allowed. Members can have two immediate family members with them, no other guests.
Clubs around here are shut down, there all comeing to mine, words get out. I'm not a public range and have to turn them away. I did limit to 2 with the ones that have permission. Two people only
I was just at mine yesterday with one of my good friends:
Originally Posted by NVhntr
The club just sent out an email that they are opening up again with restrictions. Before closing, the public could use part of the ranges four days a week, now there will be no public allowed. Members can have two immediate family members with them, no other guests.

Its nevada, you don't even need a damn range. I grew up there, the desert is the "range"....... Although, ranges are nice for sure. One of my friends that lives in Idaho, said she hung out at the range in Winnemucca for 4 days last week:

They have a pretty sweet range there and as far as I know, it's not shut down yet...
© 24hourcampfire