Home
Posted By: wabigoon Question? - 05/25/20
Of course today is Memorial Day in the US when many of us decorate graves of loved ones, especially service veterans

Is there a day in Canada. when you do the same? Maybe a silly question?
Posted By: skitish Re: Question? - 05/25/20
Wednesday Nov 11, 2020 Remembrance Day
Posted By: RVB Re: Question? - 05/25/20
https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/remembrance/information-for/educators/quick-facts/remembrance-day
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Question? - 05/25/20
Thank you, I have one of the Canadian style poppies with the pin. The farm keeps me away from Canada both on, Remembrance Day, and Victoria Day.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Question? - 05/26/20
National stat. holidays in all province except in NL, NS, ON, QC.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Question? - 05/26/20
I pay my guys for a Stat on Remembrance Day & Easter Monday.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Question? - 05/26/20
Joe, and Helen were good family friends, I'd like to honor them by decorating their grave in the Dryden cemetery.

It took me some time to locate the site, Joe's name was not Joe. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: downwindtracker2 Re: Question? - 05/26/20
It funny, we celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday, May 24 or so. In most years it's crazy, people camping for the first time of the year.
Posted By: the_shootist Re: Question? - 05/28/20
I worked for the Ontario Government, Ministry of the Solicitor General, O.P.P., and we were paid for the Statutory holiday of Remembrance Day on November 11th every year. We also got Easter Monday and Good Friday. We did not get Family Day. We had 11 Stat Holidays in total.
Posted By: the_shootist Re: Question? - 05/28/20
I am not familiar with that that family name, Richard. They must have been good people. smile
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Question? - 05/28/20
Good evening good brother, Joe, and Helen were good friends. Joe worked for the CPR all his life. They lived in a section house east of Nugget Creek, on the south side.

When Joe retired they built a house just east of Wabigoon on the highway. Joe died in 75, Helen stayed in the house until she moved into an apartment in Dryden.

I'd like to visit with you, face, to face again some day.
© 24hourcampfire