Home
Posted By: Riley88 Reloading Question - 12/25/22
I use these two examples only because these two are next to each other on the burn rate chart. Win 760 & H-414

If you were to use 30 grs of Win 760 in a load, would using 30 grs of H-414 give you similar results? (safely)
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Reloading Question - 12/25/22
This is a QL calculation

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Reloading Question - 12/25/22
Originally Posted by Riley88
I use these two examples only because these two are next to each other on the burn rate chart. Win 760 & H-414

If you were to use 30 grs of Win 760 in a load, would using 30 grs of H-414 give you similar results? (safely)

W760=H414= same powder.
Posted By: Riley88 Re: Reloading Question - 12/26/22
Is this chart available for plugging in different powders and calibers?

I am in the process of doing some handloads for my son-in-law 303 British Lee Enfield. (hunting loads). I purchased some Speer 175gr RN .313 dia. bullets,
the reloading info on the 303 British calls for .311 ,.312 dia bullets. I have been told using the .313 dia would be ok? ( I have not loaded any yet) any thoughts on this.
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Reloading Question - 12/26/22
Speer 175gr RN .313 dia. bullet is not in my QL database, and it's not listed on Speer's website.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Reloading Question - 12/26/22
Originally Posted by Riley88
Is this chart available for plugging in different powders and calibers?

I am in the process of doing some handloads for my son-in-law 303 British Lee Enfield. (hunting loads). I purchased some Speer 175gr RN .313 dia. bullets,
the reloading info on the 303 British calls for .311 ,.312 dia bullets. I have been told using the .313 dia would be ok? ( I have not loaded any yet) any thoughts on this.

What you see there is an output of the QuickLOAD ballistics program for PCs. The software will do many things.

Like Swifty says, H414 and W760 are the same powder, both made in the same factory. One will be just as much like the other as different lots of either are similar and the data are interchangeable. Be aware that powders that are adjacent on a burn rate chart won't always be predictable in a given rifle case. You might find two adjacent powders on a burn rate chart that load very much the same in one cartridge but quite differently in another. Burn rate charts are pretty limited in their usefulness.
Posted By: VE7 Re: Reloading Question - 03/15/23
[align:left][/align]
Gentlemen
Long time reader, first time question er
Playing with .220 Swift I accumulated.
64 grain Nosler Bonded Solid Base as we see Pigs ocasionally.
Has anybody else worked up load with this bullet?
Im at 43.0 grains of H4831SC and looks quite promising.
How do you compensate for throat length that over in next zip code
Respectfully
VE
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Reloading Question - 03/16/23
Originally Posted by VE7
[align:left][/align]
Gentlemen
Long time reader, first time question er
Playing with .220 Swift I accumulated.
64 grain Nosler Bonded Solid Base as we see Pigs ocasionally.
Has anybody else worked up load with this bullet?
Im at 43.0 grains of H4831SC and looks quite promising.
How do you compensate for throat length that over in next zip code
Respectfully
VE

Unless you have 10 twist or better in that Swift which I doubt unless it’s custom, the 64 bonded is too damn long @.800. Jagged edge on stability with a 12.
© 24hourcampfire