Home
Posted By: Oldman03 Reloading die question - 04/05/17
I'm need to purchase a set of .204 Ruger and .223 Rem. dies. The dies I use now are all RCBS.

Is anyone using the Lee or Hornady dies? They seem to be a little cheaper and the Lee dies come with the base needed for reloading both calibers.
Posted By: bdan68 Re: Reloading die question - 04/05/17
I really like the Lee dies. I just got a set of 338 Win Mag dies. Got Lee because I wanted the neck sizing collet die, and the set came with the shell holder and a seating die. I don't have a full length sizing die, but I'm not sure if I'll need it, if ever. I may end up buying a Redding body die if my cartridges become difficult to chamber. The Lee dies only cost me about $30.
I have Lee dies in several calibers and like them. I have the sets with the factory crimp die included.
I also have RCBS & Pacific die sets.
Can't beat the Lee FCD for leverguns. RCBS is top notch, but the Lee dies do what they are made for.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Reloading die question - 04/10/17
Thanks
Posted By: Tejano Re: Reloading die question - 05/04/17
Get the collet 3 die set. It was only about $8 bucks more than just the collet die and it will do it all. You can thank me later.

One surprise about the Lee bullet seater is it has come out only slightly behind the deluxe target seating dies for concentricity. So pretty good deal at a third the price for the whole set.
© 24hourcampfire