Home
Posted By: scbigben Lee Pro 1000 - 12/12/17
Anyone with experience with Lee 1000 Progressive? I know there are better presses out there and Lee is not one of them. I know they can be finicky at times and the primer feed system doesn't work that well. I will be using the press for loading a few hundred rounds of pistol a month and I over doing it on a single stage press. I found a new Lee 1000 for $100 and I am wondering if it is worth the money.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Lee Pro 1000 - 12/13/17
Absolute piece of junk can I say that again, gave mine away at a garage sale and said I was sorry!
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: Lee Pro 1000 - 12/15/17
It was the most expensive set of Lee dies I have bought. I saved them from when I finally replaced the press. You would be further ahead keeping your eyes open for a used progressive press.

For a bit faster processing than a single stage but not as fast as a progressive you could also look at a turret press. I use a Lyman turret for my lesser rounds such as 357 mg and 454 Casull which allows me to leave the progressives set up for rounds used more often.
Posted By: scbigben Re: Lee Pro 1000 - 12/15/17
Thanks for the feedback. I ended up going with a Hornday LNL that Natchez has on sale. Was able to get an extra $30 off the press from the sale price. I don't think I will regret spending the extra $$.
© 24hourcampfire