Home
Posted By: d500lnn Advice needed - 04/07/19
So I have a Sako Finnlight in 260. The reload data simply said load the bullets out as far as you can and the groups get scary good. I have the powder charges but not COAL. These were all 120 grain loads. I have quite a few 140 grain projectiles. I’m gonna try those for a bit. The rifle shoots pretty well with factory ammo...but the coal of a dummy round I made was 2.90” and it’s just about maxed out the Mag length and the round chambers with zero resistance. These may be stupid and trivial questions for many, but I simply felt like I should ask some folks opinions.

So here is my question(s)

1) where would be a good starting point as far as a powder charge?
2) how will pressures be with a bullet being seated so far out with starting charges of somewhere in the low 42-44+/- grains of powder?
3) has anyone actually ever seated bullets out this far in a 260?

Many thanks
Nick
Posted By: Tejano Re: Advice needed - 04/09/19
Haven't loaded much for the 260 as I am a big fan of the 6.5x55 but here goes for general and free advice which is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#
1. Check the reloading manuals.
2. Seating depth does not have that much affect on pressure until the bullet is jammed in the lands.
3. It is really not that long as 2.85" is standard for many short actions like the rem. 700
© 24hourcampfire