Home
Posted By: AB2506 Software for Ballistic Charts - 10/23/19
I have Load From a Disk, but my version is old enough it will not operate on my new computer. Apparently LFAD is defunct. I mainly used it to make ballistic charts for trajectories etc

Is there an equivalent program that will play on a modern Windows 10 computer?
For just trajectories, google Point Blank. It's free. It won't calculate loads though. Just the typical ballistic functions.

http://www.huntingnut.com/index.php?name=PointBlank
Never used to calculate loads, but once i had a load, I liked developing a drop chart and graph, especially comparing loads or calibers. It worked great. This looks like it is what I need. I'll check into it further. Thanks!
The old stand by and still one of the best free online ballistic calculators

https://www.jbmballistics.com
Originally Posted by AB2506
Never used to calculate loads, but once i had a load, I liked developing a drop chart and graph, especially comparing loads or calibers. It worked great. This looks like it is what I need. I'll check into it further. Thanks!

I use 2. Each has its plus and minus points. Ballistic Explorer is good but isn’t exactly user friendly. Pretty long learning curve.
2nd and the one I use the most is Sierra Infinity 5. Haven’t checked into Version 6 but hear it’s good. Ver.5 allowed me to graph out drops, windage and velocity for up to 5 different calibers or 5 different loads of the same caliber. Had a very good bullet library from manufacturers built in. I especially liked that I could change the velocity and trajectory table down to 1 yard increments or simple 100-200 yard increments. Infinity has a very short learning curve.
I looked up the Infinity program. They are now offering a version 7.
I use Ballistic Explorer more than any other. It allows you to easily compare three solutions.

Want to know the spread of impacts caused by any variable? Run one with the avg., one with the low and one with the high. This can be done with velocity, temp, altitude, etc.

The developer has a bunch of good help tips and tutorials.

It is a powerful tool.
Posted By: Soup Re: Software for Ballistic Charts - 10/31/19
I agree with Buford . In fact I purchased it after his recommendation.
User friendly .

Another very user friendly is the RSI Shooting Lab.

Both of the above programs ar inexpensive.

Trick or Treat !!
Soup
Originally Posted by Soup
I agree with Buford . In fact I purchased it after his recommendation.
User friendly .

Another very user friendly is the RSI Shooting Lab.

Both of the above programs are inexpensive.

Trick or Treat !!
Soup

I've used RSI Shooting lab for 16 years. Nice thing about it is that once you buy it, you get free on line updates; just make sure you keep your original disk and cover that comes with it. I've went thru probably 3 or 4 versions of windows and the Shooting Lab has updated as needed. You can also go online and download a sample version to try out before you buy.
© 24hourcampfire