Home
Posted By: Kenlguy I Gotta Brag - 01/10/22
And you guys will probable get sick of it but I don't care. You're going to hear a lot more of this girl in the coming year.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/10/22
She is gorgeous!
Posted By: ryoushi Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/10/22
Yeah, but does she hunt? laugh
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/10/22
Originally Posted by ryoushi

Not yet because she's been primarily in the ring. She has been exposed to birds once or twice and has a good looking point.
Posted By: ryoushi Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/10/22
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Originally Posted by ryoushi

Not yet because she's been primarily in the ring. She has been exposed to birds once or twice and has a good looking point.

Good luck with her, hope she's a bird hunting machine!
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/10/22
Morning and WOW that's all I can say, just wow. Bill. ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
I guess some people didn't listen to their Mom very well. Mine taught me that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all ! ! ! ! !!!! How come this site has so many ignorant, stupid, mouth pieces, just waiting to pounce on someone!!! Geeeezez!!!! Ok rant over. Bill. ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/10/22
GW look in the mirror.
Evening gents, coyhunter, I've never come on here and rained on anybody's parade. It seems to be the thing on here recently. I have no beef with anyone, just sick of seeing someone come on to this or other thread and right off the bat start criticizing someone's choice or idea. Wouldn't it be better if they just said good luck!!! Seems to many on here want to be the expert on everything and if you don't agree your put down!!! Sorry I hit a nerve, I wasn't even criticizing you, my bad. You seem a little up tight, maybe go get a hand job, maybe even something better, hell go do your self a favour. Bill out. ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/10/22
I for one wasn't offended by Ryushi's question in the least. It's almost natural to ask something like that about a bird dog. Besides, he finished with a smiley icon which tells me he wasn't being as serious as he could have been.

Thanks for all the compliments about my Tessa. I got a lot of high hopes for that year old pup.
Posted By: Backroads Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/10/22
Never brag on your dog or your shooting! Lol

Great looking dog
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/11/22
As I said look in the mirror. The only one bitching is you.
Posted By: longarm Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/11/22
That's a beautiful animal and congrats on the win
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/11/22
Ok, my bad!!! Didn't notice the smiley face, I kind of jumped the gun on that. SORRY. Not much of the the do this or do that on this forum or your doing it wrong but way to much on the site in general. I jumped the gun I guess I should of read closer. Again sorry. Bill. ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
Posted By: Nebraska Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/11/22
Nice job!!
Posted By: ryoushi Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/12/22
Originally Posted by GWPGUY
I guess some people didn't listen to their Mom very well. Mine taught me that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all ! ! ! ! !!!! How come this site has so many ignorant, stupid, mouth pieces, just waiting to pounce on someone!!! Geeeezez!!!! Ok rant over. Bill. ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Easy big fella from the North, not a single word in my post was derogatory towards the beautiful Tess. It's good to see an "ugly dog" get some recognition in the ring. Us "ugly dog" owners gotta stick together, this coming from a PP owner. shocked laugh
Posted By: ryoushi Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/12/22
I for one wasn't offended by Ryushi's question in the least. It's almost natural to ask something like that about a bird dog. Besides, he finished with a smiley icon which tells me he wasn't being as serious as he could have been.

Thanks for all the compliments about my Tessa. I got a lot of high hopes for that year old pup.

Thanks Keniguy, no shade was being thrown. She's a beautiful pup and I look forward to seeing some photos from the field. smile
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/12/22
Again, SORRY, I'll read sloooower next time, promise!!! GWP. ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
Posted By: MadMooner Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/15/22
Hah!
Pretty dog for sure. Itโ€™s also a lesson for someone looking for a hunting dog.
Posted By: ribka Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/21/22
great looking dog. Interesting coloration. Typical? Ive usually seen them run darker
Posted By: Kota Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/21/22
She's a Beauty. Congrats on the win.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/21/22
Congratulations! I hope she hunts as good as she looks!
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: I Gotta Brag - 01/21/22
That might be a while yet. Now that she is a finished champion, she will continue to be in the ring until she has her Grand Championship.
Last I heard, she was about seventeen points shy from achieving it.

After reaching that milestone, she will go to another trainer to learn to hunt and maybe get into field trialing.

Heck she's got time, She's not even two years old yet.
Posted By: rainshadow1 Re: I Gotta Brag - 04/14/22
Beautiful pup! Hope you go far with her!

Seen both sides of abbreviations on the pedigree... sporting people are the nice ones!
Posted By: luv2safari Re: I Gotta Brag - 04/15/22
And you guys will probable get sick of it but I don't care. You're going to hear a lot more of this girl in the coming year.

She rates a definite Two-Cool.

cool cool
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: I Gotta Brag - 04/15/22
Thanks guys for all the complements about my little girl.
But now she has GRAND CHAMPION in front of her name. She came home in February with 52 ribbons, 5 rosettes and a coffee cup as prizes. I'm still trying to figure out how to display them all on a board that I can hang up.

After that show circuit, she was ranked #2 in the country by points. I'm sure that that standing has changed by now and she won't be back in the ring until August when they have the Nationals here locally.

Can hardly wait for that. Just imagine, top German Wirehairs from all over the country. It will be a VERY interesting weekend.
Posted By: Ghostman Re: I Gotta Brag - 04/15/22
AKC show champion that doesn't hunt....This is why I'd never own a GWP. US breeders have all but ruined the breed. Give me a Drathaar any day.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: I Gotta Brag - 04/16/22
Thank you for your opinion.

I'll be sure to take it for everything it's worth
Posted By: windridge Re: I Gotta Brag - 04/16/22
That might be a while yet. Now that she is a finished champion, she will continue to be in the ring until she has her Grand Championship.

After reaching that milestone, she will go to another trainer to learn to hunt and maybe get into field trialing.

My setters seldom get out of "the goofies" until 1 1/2-2 years. You have plenty of time to get her hunting.

One of the best chuckar dogs I ever hunted behind was a friend's GWP. Smart Dog!
Posted By: battue Re: I Gotta Brag - 04/16/22
Most Dogs that turn out to be a decent Gun Dog, the topic of this forumโ€ฆ start as early as possible having them have Bird contacts.

A Kid who is exposed to Russian at birth, picks it up quicker than one who isnโ€™t exposed till they are a teenager. Has to do with brain development. Dogs are no different.

It may workout, but the Dog will definitely be behind the curve, if serious exposure doesnโ€™t start till after 2 YO. No reason not to put Her on Birds now. A duel champion would be great. Few make the grade.

There are exceptions and congrats on the wins. However, this is a Gun Dog and not a show Dog forum.

Posted By: Kenlguy Re: I Gotta Brag - 04/16/22
"However, this is a Gun Dog and not a show Dog forum."

With your nineteen thousand+ posts, You can probably talk Rick into starting a show dog forum. He would never listen to a guy like me.

And until we have a forum for such, I'll post where I want to.
Posted By: patbrennan Re: I Gotta Brag - 04/16/22
I never tire of looking at a well put together dog, and that example is very nice! Looks like she is built to do the job she was bred for.
Posted By: battue Re: I Gotta Brag - 04/16/22
Wellโ€ฆ.I gave you compliments in spite of thinking how I feel about the show Dog issue. And the fact โ€œโ€You donโ€™t careโ€, leaves it open for the rest of us to make comments other than patting you on the back.

Perhaps you could post a โ€œI gotta bragโ€ thread in the long range forum, and tell them how you won your local clubs 40 foot indoor quarter shoot with your Benjamin pellet rifle.
Posted By: Backroads Re: I Gotta Brag - 04/17/22

Get that good girl on some birds!
At almost two, she is behind the curve. If you want to hunt over her, that is.
Best of luck with the show dog thing.
Posted By: Y2K Re: I Gotta Brag - 04/29/22

Can't wait!
© 24hourcampfire