Home
That's what I'm looking for. Any info, tips or referrals appreciated.
Try Berg Bros Setters in Minnesota.
You fell in love with also, Bruce said we would.
Thanks WM70, I'll try. Most breeders are backed up for a year it seems.
Update: Great looking dogs but they aren't Llewellins. But I'll keep it in mind in case.

Bob, I've had a lot of dogs I loved very much. Duchess was special. I miss her so.
Bob...Griz...

I wish I had some out of Ms Scarlet and her progeny. I have only Ms Jenny-Penny left, and she's too old to breed now.

These were a special run of dogs, and my heart aches at the thought of it ending soon.

Ms Scarlet: Her first Ruffed Grouse hunt
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Her last ever hunt. She was gone a week later.

Jenny as a youngster Left and Papa Rocky The Giant:

Cookie enjoying the off-season:

I have to say that I am thankful that you two were privileged to be owned by two wonderful Llewellins. wink

Bruce- thanks from the bottom of my heart for letting these wonderful girls be a part of our lives. Time passed way too fast.
I have a male Llewellin That I would love to have a pup from. He is easily the best handling bird dog i've ever owned, just a natural.
If I remember the story right, Scott and Ben Berg (Setters Unlimited) used to advertise breeding Llewelyns but dropped it after the parent line of their dogs failed a DNA test. That is what I recall from an article years ago, I haven't brought it up to either of them as it might be a touchy subject.

I am considering calling in my favor and getting a red setter out of them, the one I kept for about 15 months was pretty good. I like dogs that are different and that would fit the bill.

Pups from good lines have a wait, a year out is common and I know more than one that are out as many as two+ years. I got a place on the list of a couple kennels just to have first dibs on pups when I want one. This way I can pass on a litter if it doesn't suit me and wait for a later one.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Bruce- thanks from the bottom of my heart for letting these wonderful girls be a part of our lives. Time passed way too fast.

Absolutely

Where did it go, and I add you to my gratitude list of people owned by their Llewellins. wink
Have you considered cloning, Bruce? I'm not kidding. We didn't have time. I love your pictures but apparently I'm allergic to them. So beautiful.
This thread brings tears to my eyes------What I wouldn't give for another Lake Llewellin. Peg wouldn't mind at all Bruce smile Love the photo of Cookie------I thought it was Annie for a minute. Or as you called her--"Meatball"

What did you call your's MT?
Bob- her name was Rosie. Like the others in this line she was such a sweetheart my wife said we could have 10 if they were all like Rosie.
Bob- her name was Rosie. Like the others in this line she was such a sweetheart my wife said we could have 10 if they were all like Rosie.

Rosie knew she was beautiful.

Great picture of a really nice pup. No plans on a dog right now, but one like that would be awfully hard to resist!
I think that's the only pic it took to seal the deal. smile
Did Duchess sight unseen and couldn't have been luckier. I had seen Ms Scarlet of course.
Originally Posted by luv2safari

gorgeous little pup
Grouse Ridge in upstate New York, Flanigan is his name.
I'll check it out. Thanks

Those are beautifully marked English Setters but I am still looking for Llewellin. A fine line, but a line nonetheless.

I did get a possible lead on Houdini Llewellins..
Originally Posted by luv2safari

From day one!!!!
Great looking dogs.
Found my pup. Pick her up in a week. Orange but not a lot a lot of orange but a lot of pup. Pictures when I learn how.
(I've tried. I must be doing something wrong.)
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Found my pup. Pick her up in a week. Orange but not a lot a lot of orange but a lot of pup. Pictures when I learn how.
(I've tried. I must be doing something wrong.)
Good for you!

They have much less orange when puppies. Your pup might just "grow" oranges, griz. wink

Kind Regards,
Bruce
Belton line kinda clinched the deal, pal. She may color up some but won't look like your pups or Duchess. I can live with that as I could wait no longer to help fill the void. The void will remain but I will be busy for awhile.

The breeder had several sires and dams and they all seemed wonderful. Mostly black but a couple orange. I guess you never know what you'll get. One pup left and not enough difference to notice. This one sorta picked out my boy and just happens to be named "Teeter." I think it fits as per Yellowstone.

I didn't get to meet Teeter's mom as she was off racking up points at a field trial the day I visited. I saw enough that I'm okay with that.
I expect frequent pix and reports. wink
You have to go clear to New York for a setter pup? Mb
No, kept looking and got lucky in Missouri.
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
No, kept looking and got lucky in Missouri.

Yeah...yeah...

And you dragged me into this, too. whistle whistle

(thank you)
Onward and upward!!!
© 24hourcampfire