Home
Posted By: Mbogo2106 New pup - 09/12/22
Well here she is. Meet Cyprus von den Wustenflussen aka Kacy. She’s kind of cute and she points Grasshoppers so I guess we’ll give her a chance. And she was too good of a deal to pass up. Hopefully she’ll turn out as good as the boss dog Hank.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

upload photo
Posted By: LeakyWaders Re: New pup - 09/12/22
Nice looking dog. Enjoy all of your time with her, when looking back, it goes too fast.
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: New pup - 09/12/22
Oh man, she looks like my Diggzz (GWP) gone now but not forgotten. Could pass as his sister. You won't be sorry with that breed. I've had dogs since grade school, but if I'd had him first I'd have never changed my breed. Real smart, and all round great multi use dog. Will retrieve anything ya shoot, except mine wouldn't bring back crows he'd go fetch them & then go bury them. I guess he felt he was above that. Good with kids, do stuff on purpose to make ya laugh. Any way you'll find out, good luck and keep us posted. Only one thing, mine did not like getting harsh commands. He'd shut right down if you were loud with him, repetition was best. GWP. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦
Posted By: MT_DD_FAN Re: New pup - 09/12/22
Nice looking Drahthaar pup! I wish you lots of good times with her. BTW, did you watch the HZP test at the Montour WMA on 9/10-11?
Posted By: 30338 Re: New pup - 09/12/22
Good looking dog. Best of luck with my favorite dog breed.
Posted By: pointer Re: New pup - 09/13/22
Great looking dog! Can't wait to follow its progress.
Posted By: battue Re: New pup - 09/14/22
Handsome guy!!!
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: New pup - 09/14/22
Originally Posted by battue
Handsome guy!!!

Actually it's a good looking GIRL.

According to the OP
Posted By: battue Re: New pup - 09/14/22
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Originally Posted by battue
Handsome guy!!!

Actually it's a good looking GIRL.

According to the OP

My mistake. Daughter just had to put hers down and she looked to be a twin of Dewey.
Posted By: Mbogo2106 Re: New pup - 09/14/22

A couple more from last night. The little monster may have awakened in her which is definitely what I wanted. When she came home with us on Saturday, she was a little timid around the other dogs, new place etc.. but tonight she a different dog. Playful, inquisitive, bold and birdy. A lot of work to be done before VJP in the spring.
Posted By: 30338 Re: New pup - 09/14/22
Darn good looking coat. Be good to start some drags for her too. The little thing may surprise you a bit this fall later. Sure is a nice looking dog.
Yeah drags are in the plan. Been a few rabbits around lately too so plan to get her tracking asap. Might come back over your way again Kurt for VJP in the spring. I was impressed with the amount of rabbits available there at the gun club when we ran the Heuerhaus dogs. The other VJP’s I’ve been to haven’t had near the amount of bunnies.
Posted By: Mbogo2106 Re: New pup - 09/20/22

Had the dogs in the yard the other night and couldn’t resist a wing on a string. I don’t use it as a training aid and only use it a couple of times when the pups are young but this made a great picture.
Posted By: pointer Re: New pup - 09/22/22
That's awesome
Posted By: Mbogo2106 Re: New pup - 11/07/22
Just a little update on the fall so far with this pup. She’s turned out be quite the fireball and is learning quickly. She points really good and is a very willing retriever when she gets the chance. Right now focusing on having a good time with her and getting as much experience as she can get. Have a lot more pics but didn’t want to overdo it

© 24hourcampfire