Home
Posted By: sactoller Introducing Lil' Red Express - 01/17/23
So with my Abigail getting older and slowing down, I contacted her breeder and got her a sister!

Meet Lucy (Fur)
Her first week home, mid November.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

With her big sister, about a week ago, working on Grampy.

She has a ton of drive and has springs for legs. I think she will be in the 35lbs range.
LOVE picture #2!!!

cool cool
Posted By: HughW Re: Introducing Lil' Red Express - 01/24/23
Great looking Toller’s. In the 2nd picture the age of the pup - around 5 months?

What are your plans - waterfowl, upland or both? Hunt tests - y or n?
Great looking pair...
Very good looking dogs!
Great looking. Love'em.
Waterfowl and upland.

The older girl is about done on the upland, she will get to do the waterfowl hunts as they don't take as much out of her.
Posted By: HughW Re: Introducing Lil' Red Express - 01/26/23
Nice to have 2 dogs with the age difference - helps on training for the younger one and as you say you can pick the hunts for the older dog.

I added another Toller - 7 month old male. While my focus is hunting all of my training partners do not hunt and only do the test circuits. There is a bit of pressure from them to enter both dogs in HT’s. Time will tell on this as I really do not like sitting around all day to run a dog 3 or 4 times or the games some judges play.

Good luck with your new girl and I would love to see some pictures of her in action. There is a FB site - Tollers of Meadows and Marshes that is dedicated to hunting Tollers — there are a couple of Texas guys on it
Beautiful pup good luck and may she bring you many good hunts.
Damn, she is official now!
Took my little girl to emergency yesterday. She is going to have a MRI and a spinal tap today, to confirm SRMA. It came on quick, but we did catch it soon enough (I hope).
Posted By: dassa Re: Introducing Lil' Red Express - 03/29/23
Originally Posted by sactoller
Took my little girl to emergency yesterday. She is going to have a MRI and a spinal tap today, to confirm SRMA. It came on quick, but we did catch it soon enough (I hope).
Hoping for the best.
She is home, she is not her complete self yet, but she is getting better every hour (personality)

Still waiting on the infectious disease report, but have started on the steroids. Will increase dosage once we know for sure it is not an infectious variant.
© 24hourcampfire