Home
This is just about as good as it gets for a two hour morning hunt.
[Linked Image]
Awesome pic pds! I'm going out Friday morning (probably shouldn't have announced that), but our little valley quail out here run like the dickens. I'm taking my Springer, Jack.<p>I wanna see more pics.<p>Rick
Rick<p>Were you able to chase down any of those valley quail? Here's a pic of my Brittany. It is one of my favorite photos.
[Linked Image]
pds 'scuse me but just want to tell you that I envy you. There isn't any thing better in this world than good dogs, plenty of coveys of wild bob's and being able to hunt them. There used to be quail here in east Texas and I used to be able to hunt them out on the low plains. Enjoy it for me. Sure brings back some fine memories. (sigh)
BCR
Boggy
I feel your pain. I grew up on my grandparents dairy farm just outside Sulpher Springs. That's where I learned to hunt. Shot my first quail on that farm over my uncle's dogs. Grand dad was a squriel hunter. He used a single shot bolt .22 and shot shorts because they were cheaper.<p>It's hard on the soul to watch it all disapear. It get's harder all the time to find places to hunt wild quail. I don't know what's to blame fire ants, urban sprawl, changes in farming methods, sometimes just the weather. <p>Heck, I remember not long ago hunting quail just outside the city limits of Lewisville TX. We used to think that was out in the sticks. Now it's just a part of the Metro Mess that North Texas has become.
© 24hourcampfire