Home
Posted By: Bighorn Won't be long now! - 12/05/12
Just got word from the kennel I'm getting my new pup from- Expecting the litter to be born in a little over a week from now!

Our house has seemed empty since our 14 year old Lab, Heidi, died in August. The new pup will be a yellow Pointing Lab. We hope she will have the same 'hunt' in her as Heidi did. She should, as she descends from some very good bloodlines.

We weren't sure if we had another pup in our future, but as time draws near, my wife and I are both getting excited. Now, to get ready for sleepless nights, early mornings, and in a year or so, great pheasant and duck hunts!
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Won't be long now! - 12/05/12
It will be great and while you may never replace Heidi per se, the void you feel now won't be nearly so empty. Congratulations.
Posted By: firstcoueswas80 Re: Won't be long now! - 12/08/12
There is nothing better then a yellow lab... Add on to that one that hunts... does it get any better?!
Posted By: mtmiller Re: Won't be long now! - 12/08/12
Congrats on the new pup. Where will it be coming from?
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Won't be long now! - 12/08/12
Poudre River Kennels, east of Ft. Collins, CO. Gary Buys is the owner/trainer- sire is Otter, a 4x Grand Master Champion pointing lab, one of only 11 dogs in the PL Hall of Fame. Dam is a bitch named Genie, destined to also become a 4xGM Champ.

I realize pedigrees don't necessarily mean much- although my beloved Heidi, also a PL, was sired by a dog named Gumbo, one of the great all-time PL champs, and also in the PL Hall of Fame.

Heidi convinced me that breeding does count for something......
Posted By: mtmiller Re: Won't be long now! - 12/09/12
Thanks for the info. Otter is a great looking dog and obviously very accomplished. Thanks for sharing and I hope you keep us in the loop after the arrival.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Won't be long now! - 12/10/12
Pups were born last nite- here's a pic of Mom and the newborns.
9 pups, 5 females and 4 males.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: firstcoueswas80 Re: Won't be long now! - 12/11/12
Been there before, my moms lab had 12 pups about 4 years ago. Amazing experience and good lord are they fun!
Posted By: lochsa Re: Won't be long now! - 12/12/12
should be a great dog. post some pics when you bring the pup home.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Won't be long now! - 12/29/12
Here's one of the little guys, at 3 weeks-

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Won't be long now! - 12/30/12
Holy moly!

What a cute lil fella.
Posted By: splattermatic Re: Won't be long now! - 12/30/12
I think everyone loves puppy breath!
Congrats, there's nothing better than a yellow lab.
© 24hourcampfire