Home
Posted By: battue Gun Dog Magazine - 03/22/17
Good Bud bought me a subscription. Pretty good and something for all the breeds.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Gun Dog Magazine - 03/23/17
I don't get it all the time, but it is a great mag.. Usually buy several each year.. Enjoy!!
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Gun Dog Magazine - 03/23/17
I enjoy that one as well.....love the photography!!
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Gun Dog Magazine - 04/18/17
Hey Harry,

Gun Dog should do a piece on your two boys. English Cockers and Pennsylvania grouse hunting.....what makes a better story than that???
Posted By: battue Re: Gun Dog Magazine - 04/19/17
Tim,

You know those two and how shy they are. Strangers are bad enough, strangers with a camera would be too much for their introverted personalities. grin
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Gun Dog Magazine - 04/19/17
Yea right...give me a break! Nothing introverted about those two! Sweet dogs and good hunters ...what a combination! Sounds like a good article to me. Reading Gun Dog just makes me want another hunting dog, which isn't in the cards right now. It is a good magazine, for sure.

I bumped a grouse on my place in Wilkes County today. I bet it was a sitting hen. I bumped her in an area where I have seen hens with little ones before. I would sure like to see the population grow up there.
Posted By: battue Re: Gun Dog Magazine - 04/20/17
West Nile is hitting them hard here. They should come back, but I doubt if I will get to experience it.

Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: Gun Dog Magazine - 04/20/17
It is a good magazine though I haven't bought more than a handful of issues in well over a decade. Those I have bought usually had pictures or articles of my dogs or friends' dogs and I wanted them for posterity but the last two were the puppy issues which I used to prime my wife into getting a new pup. The last time she told me to skip the magazine and just buy the pup as that is what I'm going to do anyways. Showing her pup pictures just made her want to get a pup for herself.

Like all such magazines, they begin to repeat themselves every few years and after 40 some years of dogs I already have the subject matter which is applicable to me down. I'll pick up the mag from the shelf to read while killing time at the bookstore but that is about it for me.
Posted By: Westernmassman Re: Gun Dog Magazine - 05/15/17
How about that cover photo on the June/July issue! Go Dales!
Posted By: battue Re: Gun Dog Magazine - 05/16/17
Had to look twice when I saw that. grin
© 24hourcampfire