Home
Posted By: mudhen Looking for a Brit - 12/16/17
You guys on this forum helped me out about ten or eleven years ago when I was looking for a lab pup for a wedding present for my stepson and his new bride. The pup that I got from a breeder in the Woodlands near Houston (recommended here) turned out to be an outstanding dog. Now I guess that it's my turn. We had to put our last dog from the ranch down earlier this year and have I been dogless for about nine months. I am now ready to take on a new hunting partner. Unfortunately, the breeder that supplied me with some very good Brittanys over the last twenty years or so (now in his mid-80s) has given it up.

I have done some internet research, but would appreciate recommendations from anyone who is familiar with this breed and breeders. I will be 75 in a couple of months, and I am sort of waffling between wanting a new pup or a started dog, and I would appreciate some opinions about that, as well. All leads, tips and pearls of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Looking for a Brit - 12/16/17
Hey you old Aggie rascal!! Merry CHristmas to you and family

My only advice is get a pup ; it might turn into a spoiled pet but it will be YOUR spoiled pet, and Brittany dogs always seem to me to be eager hunters.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Looking for a Brit - 12/16/17
Right back at you, Kid! Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!

Taking your suggestion under advisement. smile
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Looking for a Brit - 12/17/17
Train you own pup. Britts love to be loved, especially females, and you might as well be the one whom the dog associates with all of that.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Looking for a Brit - 01/09/18
Well, we closed a deal today on a French Brittany pup from Keller's French Brittanys over in Arizona. We will pick her up next Tuesday.

Haven't been this excited in a while... grin
Posted By: ribka Re: Looking for a Brit - 01/10/18
Originally Posted by mudhen
Well, we closed a deal today on a French Brittany pup from Keller's French Brittanys over in Arizona. We will pick her up next Tuesday.

Haven't been this excited in a while... grin

good luck!

You ll have a blast with a puppy
© 24hourcampfire