Home
Posted By: 30338 Bloodhound nose - 02/22/18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LuCmT0OLco
Posted By: ingwe Re: Bloodhound nose - 02/24/18
Well...hes right about one thing. Bloodhound has a better nose than a rocket...

I love dog experts...
Posted By: saddlering Re: Bloodhound nose - 02/24/18
Back when My Brother was on the force, they had a cop with a Bloodhound, and used him often. My brother said he couldnt belive the tracking that dog could do! he said the only bad think was when the Bloodhound go wet it smelled pretty bad!
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Bloodhound nose - 02/27/18

WHat was that all about?
Posted By: RevMike Re: Bloodhound nose - 02/27/18
It's actually from the movie, "Best in Show". It's a comedy/parody about dog show people and their world.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Bloodhound nose - 02/27/18
There are a number of clips from that movie that I enjoy laughing at and with. Needed a little levity the other night and watched a few.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Bloodhound nose - 02/28/18
I volunteer with a group of folks who assist our local sheriff's dept with missing persons searches and disasters. I've worked with our bloodhound handler and his dog on several occasions. We get requests to help in other counties, even other states. Two years ago we assisted with a search for a guy who had disappeared 10 days earlier near a Marina. The dog went directly to a retaining wall. On the other side we found whiskey and beer bottles. He next went to the boat dock and alerted that the body was in the water near the dock. The next day the bloodhound was put in a boat and alerted in the same general area. He isn't really trained for that type of thing so they bought in a couple of cadaver dogs which are and they confirmed the same. This was in another state, but we informed the local LE where the body likely was and advised divers search the area. For what ever reason they didn't, but the body floated up 2-3 days later.
© 24hourcampfire