Home
Posted By: luv2safari Meet Woody - 03/07/19
He's only 6 days old, so he didn't have much to tell the members here.

He's a male Llewellin I just put my name on. A local lady periodically breeds a litter, and I missed out on the last bunch. I was 1st in line this time and took the biggest of her two males. The mom and dad are great dogs, so I have high hopes for Woody. I'll be happy just having him in my lap for many years to come. The mom, Lucy, is a sweet girl who loves a few minutes in your lap almost as much as a nose full of quail.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Meet Woody - 03/07/19
Congratulations on the pup! I’m jealous! Here’s to many years of fun together!!!!! Keep us updated as things progress.
Posted By: battue Re: Meet Woody - 03/07/19
A box full of dreams. May they all come true. Congratulations!!!!
Posted By: C. Kormanik Re: Meet Woody - 03/07/19
That will be fun. Best of luck with him.
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: Meet Woody - 03/08/19
Nice looking pup. I prefer the larger males too, they tend to handle the varied game and conditions I hunt. The bigger dogs are also better able to put in some time ski-joking which is a fun winter activity.

I'm looking at another pup next spring. This spring was the scheduled year but things didn't work out. I'm not sure if I should get yet another setter of some type or go back to the normal rotation and get a real dog - ya know, one with a beard. smile

I have lines on good blood and have put the word out already. As usual, it will come down to timing and what is available. I'm not breed blind so I will have plenty of options.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Meet Woody - 03/08/19
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Nice looking pup. I prefer the larger males too, they tend to handle the varied game and conditions I hunt. The bigger dogs are also better able to put in some time ski-joking which is a fun winter activity.

I'm looking at another pup next spring. This spring was the scheduled year but things didn't work out. I'm not sure if I should get yet another setter of some type or go back to the normal rotation and get a real dog - ya know, one with a beard. smile

I have lines on good blood and have put the word out already. As usual, it will come down to timing and what is available. I'm not breed blind so I will have plenty of options.

Beard...? Like this? wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: Meet Woody - 03/08/19
I knew you had real dogs in the past, that was why I added that comment. smile

I'm actually toying with the idea of getting a Spinoni this time, I have a buddy that is tight with that group and several there would be happy to get one of their pups into my hands. They don't range as much as I like but getting another oddball breed is intriguing.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Meet Woody - 03/08/19
Doesn't get much better, Best of luck .
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Meet Woody - 03/09/19
Nice congratulations and good luck with him.
Posted By: Frm Re: Meet Woody - 03/09/19
How awesome for you!
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Meet Woody - 03/14/19
The cold steadfast eyes of a hunter!!!
[Linked Image]

The puppies' eyes are opening, and they're all trying to use those short little legs to no avail.

Mom, Lucy...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Dad, Arlo...he stopped dead in his tracks and whipped left to point the bird.
[Linked Image]

They were trained the old way...traditional way on a check cord, not by shocking them.
Posted By: battue Re: Meet Woody - 03/14/19
Mom is a really beautiful Dog.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Meet Woody - 03/14/19
We, and particularly Duchess, are glad to see that you are keeping it going.

I bet he'll be a dandy. I hope you are worthy. smile

Best wishes.
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Meet Woody - 03/14/19
Originally Posted by luv2safari
They were trained the old way...traditional way on a check cord, not by shocking them.

You don't train a dog by shock collar. You correct a dog by shock collar. The dog must already know the command and what is expected of them. By your comment you are just misinforming those that don't know. As you may or may not know the proper training techniques of the collar. I get it some don't want to use it and that is fine. But don't spread lies and misconceptions about the use of it. I don't know a single trainer worth his salt that doesn't use a check cord, Table, Barrel, ect to train. The collar is for corrections. Something that can't be done by any other means when the dog is not near the trainer. Remember the correction needs to take place at the time of the mistake and at the place of the mistake.
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Meet Woody - 03/17/19
Congrats! Lots of great days ahead for both of you.....
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Meet Woody - 03/24/19
Woody Update...

He's growing fast and big. He's the one with the big black meatball on the backside (lower rt)

MAN??!!?? What am I getting myself into at my age. confused shocked eek

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Meet Woody - 03/24/19
And, BTW...he's going to be a beautiful tri-color...white, black, brown.
© 24hourcampfire