Home
Posted By: 16penny back leg stiff - 05/12/19
dogs back leg got real stiff and seems to have a lot of pain when rubbed on back didn't have any unusual activity today so I'm at a loss shes half pit half miniature greyhound she's a coyote decoy dog and retrieves dove and quail
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: back leg stiff - 05/12/19
Could be anything from cramps to strain/sprain to muscle damage to hereditary defects appearing. There is no way to diagnose this without being hands on with the dog. Needless to say, a trip to the vet is in order. Especially as you have no idea of how this occurred.
Posted By: 16penny Re: back leg stiff - 05/12/19
nearest vet that's open is 90 mi away. she's not in as much pain this morning back leg is just limp now with sharp pains when moved too much. will take her to local vet tomorrow
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: back leg stiff - 05/12/19
Bill here, sorry about yer dog. Love hearing about odd dogs that work good on diff game. I once had a Rotwieler that was a great duck dog, got a lot of funny looks but he was amazing! Wasn't interested in πŸ¦† but just wanted to please you. Neat book on dogs ( just mutts ) short stories of diff dogs & the jobs they did. Dogs are the best, wouldn't be with out one!!! Bill out πŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
Posted By: bobmn Re: back leg stiff - 05/13/19
Could be Lyme disease especially if accompanied by loss of appetite and low grade fever
Posted By: mikieb Re: back leg stiff - 05/17/19
I vote for Lyme's also... can we get an update to see how the dog is coming ?
Posted By: longarm Re: back leg stiff - 05/23/19
Seems like the wrong time of year for it, but 2 years ago in summer one of my Labs had a foxtail go right through her foot. Came out the top. Vet said he's seen them travel all the way up a leg into the major joints. Might examine between her pad between toes
Posted By: 16penny Re: back leg stiff - 09/02/19
we kept her caged for 16 days with painkillers and glucosamine condriton she slowly got better and had almost a complete recovery until yesterday we were dove hunting and she got lit up by a big rattle snake she took two hits one in the shoulder and one on the hip despite having the vaccine she died last night not sure if I want anymore dogs
Posted By: Oakster Re: back leg stiff - 09/03/19
I just lost my bird dog, several years earlier than I anticipated due to an aggressive cancer. Its a tough thing to go through. I feel your pain and hope you have a quick recovery.
Posted By: woodson Re: back leg stiff - 09/04/19
16penny, man I’m so sorry. That is awful.

I routinely have to fight with my wife that after our Chesapeake Bay goes, no more dogs.
Posted By: Border Doc Re: back leg stiff - 09/04/19

Sorry for your loss.

It sounds like she went out doing one of the things she loved.

We should all be so lucky.

Your caring is so obvious; give yourself some time and remember the high points of her life.

Remember that another dog is out there, waiting for the chance to escape the shelter and to please you.

There are no words to console you or diminish your sorrow, but thanks for giving her the opportunity to go with you again. As said, we should all be so lucky.

Posted By: 16penny Re: back leg stiff - 09/12/19
she was the best decoy dog ever her name was RUFF we had coyotes within 10 ft sneaking up on her and they never seen the humans

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 16penny Re: back leg stiff - 09/12/19
I couldn't help myself and scooped a purebred greyhound I will pick her up in O.K at the end of the month I need a name for her

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Strick9 Re: back leg stiff - 10/21/19
Glad to see you got back in the game.

Damn a Rattlesnake to hell.

Them and the damn gators do a number on them over here.

Hate em both. Sorry for your loss but thats a great looking pup!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: back leg stiff - 12/05/19
So sorry to hear of your dogs passing. My GSP has had the shots but I just dont take her for quail until the snakes are denned up.
Posted By: 16penny Re: back leg stiff - 12/06/19
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Splash 4 months old has been eating miracle grow dog food she chases lures well and were working off leash mainly getting in and out of the truck for now
the only free range shell have during warmer months will be dry salt lakes where I can see if any snakes are out
© 24hourcampfire