Home
Posted By: goochwarner CWD/Muntjac Hunt Help - 07/18/22
Hello all,

After my season here in Alaska I’d love to go to England and do a short hunt for CWD and Muntjac. While I’ve found lots of information, I prefer to book directly with a reputable outfitter. Booking agents are all over been able to find. As an outfitter myself, I really like talking to the main folks when I want to book something. Any thoughts or experiences? The fella from Barrel and Boar was most helpful.

This will be a solo trip as my wife will be elsewhere. I’m more of a social hunter than a trophy hunter. Just looking for fun, to see a few critters, drink beer, and take a vacation.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: CWD/Muntjac Hunt Help - 07/19/22
Real Big 5.
The owner and whom you’d book through will also be your guide. I was really happy with how my hunt worked out. CWD season normally ends on Mar 31 from what I know, so keep that in mind.

He is a middle man for several Asian and European Outfitters but also runs/guides England hunts so his website seems like he is just a broker. He is that, but his English hunts he books and guides himself on his own property.
Posted By: Georat Re: CWD/Muntjac Hunt Help - 07/20/22
I’m not familiar with CWD. What does that mean?

Thank you
Posted By: LBP Re: CWD/Muntjac Hunt Help - 07/20/22
Chinese Water Deer
Posted By: BlackHunter Re: CWD/Muntjac Hunt Help - 11/03/22
I hunted muntjac using Bob Kern at Hunting Consortium.

The hunting area was around Bedfordshire just north of London.
© 24hourcampfire