Home
Posted By: bufaf Jagdschein - 05/11/18
I took a .Gov job in Germany working for the Army back in September. Took the jagdschein class and it about kicked my ass, but today I received my German jagdschein (German federal hunting license). Watch out Schwarzwild!

Wiedmansheil!

Rob
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Jagdschein - 05/11/18
Waidmannsheil!!! Rob

Veile Gluck!!!
Posted By: 3584ELK Re: Jagdschein - 05/11/18
Waldmanns Heil...
Posted By: BlackHunter Re: Jagdschein - 05/13/18
Wiedmansheil !

Congratulations on your accomplishment.

Roebuck hunting is addictive.

Enjoy.
Posted By: satx78247 Re: Jagdschein - 05/13/18
bufaf,

Wiedmansheil.
(Also, CONGRADS. = I well remember what a PITA that learning enough to pass that class in "K-town" was. = Our mmain instructor was a German & spoke English barely passibly.)

Fwiw, I was licensed as a Jager in Rhein Faltz in FEB1970, though I've not been back to Germany to hunt wild boar in a LONG time.

yours, tex
Posted By: cecilb Re: Jagdschein - 05/14/18
I got my license back in1977. I sure enjoyed it.
Posted By: shaman Re: Jagdschein - 05/21/18
What parts of the jagdschein class did you find difficult?
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Jagdschein - 05/21/18
I got mine in 1999, best part of the tour.
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: Jagdschein - 05/26/18
Originally Posted by shaman

For me it was getting the time off from home and work. A lot of hours.

Be sure and hunt red deer in Graf or Hohenfels.
Posted By: yhc Re: Jagdschein - 05/26/18
Originally Posted by bufaf
I took a .Gov job in Germany working for the Army back in September. Took the jagdschein class and it about kicked my ass, but today I received my German jagdschein (German federal hunting license). Watch out Schwarzwild!

Wiedmansheil!

Rob

Congratulations Rob and Waidmannsheil. You are in for a treat. That jagdschein will open up a lot of doors for you to get to know/learn about aspects of German cultures that not even Germans will experience in their lifetime. I had a wonderful time hunting in Europe while I was stationed there in early 2000's. I still maintain friendships with some of the German hunters I hunted with almost 2 decades later.

Enjoy!!
Posted By: bufaf Re: Jagdschein - 05/27/18
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by shaman

For me it was getting the time off from home and work. A lot of hours.

Be sure and hunt red deer in Graf or Hohenfels.

It's a lot of information to process and try and retain in a relatively short 13 weeks, but, it's done. I never have to do it again. My first rifle (Voere Titan II) has been delivered to the house, my drilling (Sauer Model 3000 in 16/70 and 7x57R with Zeiss 6x42) will be delivered Tuesday, and I just bought one of the 2 pistols I'm authorized (Old Model Super Blackhawk). Life is good. Now to find a good revier that'll have me...
Posted By: yhc Re: Jagdschein - 05/27/18
Now to find a good revier that'll have me...

Just curious...where in Germany are you located bufaf?

Regards,
Posted By: bufaf Re: Jagdschein - 05/27/18
Wiesbaden, about 15 miles west of Frankfurt.
Posted By: yhc Re: Jagdschein - 05/28/18
Gotcha. That's a nice area. I was based in the KMC area but had a couple of TDYs to Wiesbaden area. Again enjoy and waidmannsheil!!

Regards,
Posted By: shaman Re: Jagdschein - 05/28/18
Congratulations.

Yikes! That sounds like a lot of work.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Jagdschein - 05/30/18
Wiesbaden, about 15 miles west of Frankfurt.

The Landstuhl Rod and Gun Club is still open from what I am told?

IIRC, my class was about 120 hours of instruction over 12-18 weeks, and the final written exam was still in German.

There was a field test, and a shooting test, but the major huddle was the volume of information on the written test.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Jagdschein - 05/31/18
I got mine at the Heidelberg R&G Club in 2006. Enjoy your time there!

Thanks, Dinny
Posted By: satx78247 Re: Jagdschein - 06/01/18
AH64guy,

When you must take an exam in a foreign language that you speak/read/write POORLY, it's a challenge.
(Having an instructor who spoke even less English than I did German didn't help either BUT I got licensed anyway.)

yours, tex
Posted By: blairvt Re: Jagdschein - 06/04/18
Just last week i was riding through some village South of Ramstein and and thought I saw something in the brush. Turned around and went back and saw 3 large wild boar in the weeds.
Posted By: bcranch Re: Jagdschein - 06/08/18
Rob, WmH. I left Grafenwoehr last summer, great hunting opportunities in Germany and all of Europe. I hunted in Germany, Czech and Slovenia in the two years I was there. I hope to be back in a couple of years. Check out https://www.ammalaoutdoors.com/ . Al, the owner, is retired military and a really good source for information. They also have some great hunting packages across Europe.
Posted By: born_wild Re: Jagdschein - 06/15/18
Congratulations.
It's not an easy job to take the class in Germany .
I have a client that become a friend and I know from his story
© 24hourcampfire