Home
hopefully this shouldn’t have been posted elsewhere.
I’m trying to help out a guy that I know sell some old ammo that he has. I have looked online at current prices but not sure if this old ammo is worth the same, more, or less than what I find online. Some of what I find on old ammo has the original boxes in better condition than some of what my friend has. How much influence does the box condition have on the price of the older ammo? Some of his ammo boxes are in great condition in my opinion.
Would anyone help put some reasonable prices on this ammo?
I can post pics of the boxes if needed. I know not all of this fits in the Winchester forum but I’m hoping that some of you can still help.
Some of what he has:
30 rem.
25 rem.
35 rem.
33 win.
348 win.
38-40
38-55
32-40
44-40

Thanks for any help!!
No valuations from me...but Ill take that 33 Winchester off his hands smile
Some of that ammo is scarce! In particular 25 Remington. I had a 30 Remington and eventually found a box of loaded ammo - but it was FMJ. I have not seen 32-40 for quite a while also, but I think it's more common than 30 Remington, 25 Remington and 33 Winchester.

To the right guy some of these would go quite high. The best price would likely be on an auction site, I'd think. A fair price???

30 rem.
25 rem. *
35 rem.
33 win. *
348 win.
38-40
38-55
32-40
44-40
He was offered 25 a box for the 35 rem. I told him that sounded fair but he thinks it’s on the low side.
Never thought helping him out would be this much work.. lol
In my humble opinion, $25 per box for 35 Rem was more than fair up until the last few months. Some people like me have a soft spot for nice clean, original boxes with the factory ammo in them regardless of caliber.
New 35 ammo is 45-55 a box last time I bought it.
I’d be interested in the details of the 348 ammo. Your over the limit of receiving private messages - but maybe you can message me?
Originally Posted by jsgwoodsman
I’d be interested in the details of the 348 ammo. Your over the limit of receiving private messages - but maybe you can message me?

I’m too new so I can’t private message yet.
I am unable to send a PM to you also.
Originally Posted by Sawfish

Attached picture B45E49AF-941C-40BB-AE4B-FB313949F33D.jpeg
Attached picture D54D8861-D1EB-48E4-8B29-2B1A81AFE92E.jpeg

You can reach me at :
[email protected]

You can reach me at :
[email protected]

Email sent
Sawfish can you email me on your ammo? [email protected]
You should be able to get gold for those factory .25 Remington's. I consider myself fortunate to even have one of those in my cartridge collection.
Originally Posted by irl104
Sawfish can you email me on your ammo? [email protected]

Email sent
Originally Posted by Windfall
You should be able to get gold for those factory .25 Remington's. I consider myself fortunate to even have one of those in my cartridge collection.

You should buy these so you have more..😁
Amoskeag Auction in Manchester NH ended their latest on-line auction this morning. Their "sold for" prices will give you a good idea of what some of the hard to find ammo is selling for these days.
Originally Posted by eblake
Amoskeag Auction in Manchester NH ended their latest on-line auction this morning. Their "sold for" prices will give you a good idea of what some of the hard to find ammo is selling for these days.

Thanks for the heads up I’ll check it out.
I should have asked this question in my original post.
How much does the box condition affect the overall price??
Are people buying this old ammo for the ammo or for the vintage boxes? Thanks again..
I listed a bunch of obsolete ammo in the classifieds here. Keep an eye on that thread and see if any of it sells. That may help you figure out what they are selling for at least on here.
Box condition for collectors is 90%
© 24hourcampfire