Home
Posted By: RAS Price check- Mint 71 Deluxe - 03/23/21
All:

I have this rifle. Early 50s gun. It’s 99.9% stone mint without box gun. Bluing, checkering and wood perfect. Sling and swivels are the same. A guy I know wants it really bad. What is a good fair price, IF AND ONLY IF, I decide to sell? Again, the gun is in exceptionally high condition.

Thank you,
Jeff
I’d say $3000-$3500
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Price check- Mint 71 Deluxe - 03/24/21
Would love to see pics of that beauty.
Posted By: Odessa Re: Price check- Mint 71 Deluxe - 03/24/21
Current 40th Ed. Blue Book puts a WRA M71 Deluxe in 98% condition at $3,500.00.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Price check- Mint 71 Deluxe - 03/24/21
i have this same rifle Winchester M71 but the correct name is Special not Deluxe .
Posted By: iskra Re: Price check- Mint 71 Deluxe - 03/25/21
Photos would sure be great, particularly us masochists who enjoy being green with envy! smile smile smile
Best & Good Luck!
John
Posted By: RAS Re: Price check- Mint 71 Deluxe - 03/25/21
I will get pictures. smile
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Beautiful gun
Wow, now that is a looker. Jeeze, what a beauty!
super sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: iskra Re: Price check- Mint 71 Deluxe - 03/25/21
Just about to do a new Thread concerning a Winchester rifle in .348. Think I'll wait for that one smile
Beauty of a rifle here for sure! Just those darn 'decimal places' a click or two off in the value department! smile
My own sole Model 71 an early "long tang" design, Sn 14K range. Much as I admire the deluxe, prefer my prewar version in context of cost comparison! They're unique, chambering impractical for non-reloaders and good ones, about too collectible to field very often.
Just my take!
Best & Stay Safe!
John
Jeff, whatever you think it's worth, double it in todays market.

Really.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Price check- Mint 71 Deluxe - 04/08/21
I think you have a $5,000 rifle there. Condition drives the price. Beautiful.
Posted By: Loggah Re: Price check- Mint 71 Deluxe - 04/08/21
It is a beauty for sure, but short tang rifles dont bring as much money as earlier long tang versions. I have several model 71 rifles and thought about putting one on gunbroker,but looking at auctions im not seeing any bids !! crazy crazy with all this gun crazy selling why are the model 71's not selling ?? Regardless good luck with you rifle sale. Don
Originally Posted by Loggah
It is a beauty for sure, but short tang rifles dont bring as much money as earlier long tang versions. I have several model 71 rifles and thought about putting one on gunbroker,but looking at auctions im not seeing any bids !! crazy crazy with all this gun crazy selling why are the model 71's not selling ?? Regardless good luck with you rifle sale. Don

Don,

I’ve been seeing the same. High condition 71s aren’t selling well on GB right now. They haven’t been for a while. I lean toward the belief that 71s don’t do all that well on Gunbroker in general.

On a side note, I wish that fella to the East of you would sell you (or me) his 71 in 45/70!
Originally Posted by Loggah

They are not selling because more guys are into the AR craze these days. The market is damn soft on older cool rifles. Guys like fireballs thinks the rifle is worth twice what its worth and thats not the case. Its a pipe dream to believe such things. Kind of like the guy at a local gunshow who thought his pile of crap was worth $6200.00. The rifle in the op is damn beautiful. On a good day it may bring $4,700.00 in todays market. On a bad day $1000.00 less.
they list them for $5k. I would think that one would bring $4200 - 4500. or I would keep it.

Charlie
Originally Posted by crsides
they list them for $5k. I would think that one would bring $4200 - 4500. or I would keep it.

Charlie

I agree!
© 24hourcampfire