Home
Posted By: 79S For Akwolverine - 09/17/21
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: For Akwolverine - 09/17/21
Very nice. That looks just like my 30-06. Nice rifle..
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: For Akwolverine - 09/17/21
Outstanding!!!
Posted By: beretzs Re: For Akwolverine - 09/17/21
Jeeezus. That’s a score! Man, I’d have to get a lotto ticket. Great snag John.
Posted By: 160user Re: For Akwolverine - 09/17/21
HUBBA HUBBA! Wow..............
John, is that your's or wolverine's. I really like the stainless walnut look and the fwt is the way to go IMHO. Damn near perfect rifle right there, as far as I'm concerned.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: For Akwolverine - 09/17/21
His; I just suggested he would be remiss not to purchase it. grin
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

You know, I have this weird hankering for one of them new M70’s in stainless with the dark maple stock. Wouldn’t you know it, I can’t find a damn one of them. All of the light maple all over the place but no dark ones.

Then I saw this.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/911218897
Posted By: 79S Re: For Akwolverine - 09/17/21
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
John, is that your's or wolverine's. I really like the stainless walnut look and the fwt is the way to go IMHO. Damn near perfect rifle right there, as far as I'm concerned.

It’s mine, got it yesterday. It all started with a phone call from a buddy who sent a picture of this rifle from the lgs. He didn’t buy it so I sent the picture to akwolverine. We talked some, I made a comment if it were an 06 I be beating feet over to the shop. I told him where it was at. Then I went back to sleep I just came off nights, woke up around 1430 soon after asked akwolverine if he thought it was worthwhile to pick it up at their asking price he said yes. So headed over to lgs, walked in found the rifle grabbed it walked up to counter laid out the cash said be back to do paperwork. I had to go to Anchorage.
Originally Posted by beretzs

You know, I have this weird hankering for one of them new M70’s in stainless with the dark maple stock. Wouldn’t you know it, I can’t find a damn one of them. All of the light maple all over the place but no dark ones.

Then I saw this.

Man that is a beauty! My next purchase will be one of the baco stainless featherweights in a 264 win mag. Don’t ask why either lol.
Posted By: ldg397 Re: For Akwolverine - 09/17/21
Whoa I like that rifle. Speaking of classic stainless I need someone to buy this rifle so I don’t.

M70 SS Classic 308
Originally Posted by ldg397
Whoa I like that rifle. Speaking of classic stainless I need someone to buy this rifle so I don’t.

M70 SS Classic 308

Be a bidding war on that one for sure.
Posted By: ldg397 Re: For Akwolverine - 09/17/21
I already have its twin and I thought mine was early at 60,000 this one is at 45,000. I am obsessed.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

It’s mine, got it yesterday. It all started with a phone call from a buddy who sent a picture of this rifle from the lgs. He didn’t buy it so I sent the picture to akwolverine. We talked some, I made a comment if it were an 06 I be beating feet over to the shop. I told him where it was at. Then I went back to sleep I just came off nights, woke up around 1430 soon after asked akwolverine if he thought it was worthwhile to pick it up at their asking price he said yes. So headed over to lgs, walked in found the rifle grabbed it walked up to counter laid out the cash said be back to do paperwork. I had to go to Anchorage.

Nice score man!!
Posted By: knivesforme Re: For Akwolverine - 09/17/21
That is a nice one, even in a 270. :<)
Originally Posted by 79S

Then I saw this.

Man that is a beauty! My next purchase will be one of the baco stainless featherweights in a 264 win mag. Don’t ask why either lol.

I don’t ask why…. Friends just understand and support your habit grin
Posted By: knivesforme Re: For Akwolverine - 09/17/21
That wood is super nice!
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: For Akwolverine - 09/18/21
I don’t ask why…. Friends just understand and support your habit grin

laugh
Posted By: ldg397 Re: For Akwolverine - 09/18/21
I had one of the first South Carolina ones just like this one stainless walnut .270. Still have no idea why I sold it.

Just something about stainless and walnut.
Posted By: beretzs Re: For Akwolverine - 09/18/21
SS with walnut is nice. If any of you all see a maple and SS, let me know.

Especially if it’s a 270 Win.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: For Akwolverine - 09/18/21
Originally Posted by knivesforme
That wood is super nice!

That's what she said.. Then she kept calling me "oh god"...
Posted By: Blueboy Re: For Akwolverine - 09/18/21

M70 SS Classic 308

I got an early 90's in the exact same setup.....49000 number....traded a 1979 push feed for mine. Think I paid little over $400 for it...new in the box. Killed many a deer with it. Best trigger I have ever laid my finger on. Think they sold for $800 or so back then. Never had no idea they would sell today for more than I paid for it.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: For Akwolverine - 09/18/21
Originally Posted by 79S
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice!
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: For Akwolverine - 09/18/21

Then I saw this.

Funny you posted that.

I'm trying to talk myself down off buying one.
Posted By: beretzs Re: For Akwolverine - 09/19/21
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

Then I saw this.

Funny you posted that.

I'm trying to talk myself down off buying one.

Good luck…. Glad that one sold as I checked this morning and it was already gone.
Posted By: woods_walker Re: For Akwolverine - 09/19/21
Originally Posted by 79S

M70 SS Classic 308

Be a bidding war on that one for sure.

That went for a premium price as expected.
© 24hourcampfire