Home
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

.303 British standard rifle. More info to come!
That's a cool one KW! I like that sucker!
NICE! Awaiting details
Thanks fellas! Gonna try to shoot it later this afternoon
It’s definitely a shooter!!! Im going to do my damndest to get a nilgai with this rifle this season!

If I was a Nilgai, I would be hiding. Rio7
TY for sharing KW, I have only seen one 1895 in 303 British and it was no where near the condition of your rifle
Thanks! I’m very satisfied. Came with 7 boxes Win. Factory 180 power points. Has an old Marbles rear sight. But, I do believe I have the proper factory rear sight out in my shop. May do a bit if sight work.
Originally Posted by RIO7

After that offhand 140 yard head shot with a SRC on your '19 bull, there won't be a Nilgai safe whithin 1000 yards!!
Originally Posted by tmitch

After that offhand 140 yard head shot with a SRC on your '19 bull, there won't be a Nilgai safe whithin 1000 yards!!

That was one of the luckiest damn shots I ever made. Im surprised you remembered that 🤣. Don’t ask me for a repeat of that shot! 😁😁😁😁
Oops! I did it again. Picked up another ‘95. Pics upon arrival.
Dang Bob, you're giving me the itch! Not that it ever clears up but I haven't found anything lately with the condition/price that makes me pull the trigger. Awaiting pics!
Good stuff KW, we all know what they say about lays potato chips! ; ] Congrats Sir.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by tmitch

That was one of the luckiest damn shots I ever made. Im surprised you remembered that 🤣. Don’t ask me for a repeat of that shot! 😁😁😁😁

Off hand, in fading light, with iron sights….
Good on you Bob. Hope you get a good un. miles
30 Govt 06. Takedown model. Minty bore. Made in 1920. Sports Lyman #21. Shoots well!!! Headed to pig killing fields in about 10 minutes.

Sweet! I have one just like it, also with a Climbin Lyman. Mine was born in 1927. It’s one of my favorites.
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Sweet! I have one just like it, also with a Climbin Lyman. Mine was born in 1927. It’s one of my favorites.

Shot this one earlier with some handloads. It is sweet!! Setting out here now in my little pit awaiting porky and friends!
Nice gun, where’s the Pork? 😁
Dang pigs were a no show while I was there. Got too dark to see sights so I came home.
Nice rifles.

Hell, what am I saying. Beautiful rifles!
Awesome, K_Dub.
That's a nice one Bob! Congrats! I'm sure it won't be long before it puts the smackdown on something
Well, I did it again!!! Another 1895 into the family. This one is a .30 Army. Lots of condition. And my obligatory Lyman #21 receiver sight. Will try some 220 RN’s out of it in a bit!

Very nice!

Just picked up a 1895 today also...
Originally Posted by Rifles And More
Very nice!

Just picked up a 1895 today also...

Good for you! Well now you’re a member in good standing of the ancient order!

What did you get??? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!
As a new member, I may not know what I have.

I would call it a standard rifle, dated to 1904 per S/N in 35WCF. Just giddy about it.
Oh that’s a good one. I have a 1905 .35 WCF! It’s an elk slayer! And you have a reason to be giddy! 😉👍
That's a fantastic '95 !

Can't wait to see pics with game you have taken with it.
Originally Posted by 1911a1
That's a fantastic '95 !

Can't wait to see pics with game you have taken with it.

Thanks 1911! This rifle reeks of elk!!! Didn’t get a chance to shoot it last evening. May bust a cap today between projects! 😉
Couple nice old Winchesters, in some great Calibers.

Thanks for Posting.

HS58
Both rifles are beautiful . I really like the Lyman 21's . I got one on my 38-40 '92 rifle.
The first two are great but I have always been weak for the 30-40 , That one is awesome .
Originally Posted by EddieSouthgate
The first two are great but I have always been weak for the 30-40 , That one is awesome .

Mr. Southgate,

Thanks for your comments !

I know this photo is getting old but I like to post it to show one does not need a German PAK gun to put down a nilgai bull. This is my 95SRC in .30 US Army. I concur it’s a great cartridge. And I shoot the 220 grain Hornady RN bullets out of it.

Since you appreciate the .30 Army, here you go.

© 24hourcampfire