Home
Posted By: sqweeler Model 70 wood? - 06/23/22
Never saw one like this, 270WBY [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: knivesforme Re: Model 70 wood? - 06/24/22
Wow, that is some nice wood! It appears it has been worked over, the bolt does not look like original finish.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Model 70 wood? - 06/24/22
That's a beauty for sure. Whoever put that recoil pad on needs to be slapped though.
Posted By: battue Re: Model 70 wood? - 06/24/22
Shows the difference between good and spectacular . Spectacular has two great sides and something to look at up front. Here there is back left and nothing else.

Along with weak grain thru the wrist.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Model 70 wood? - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
That's a beauty for sure. Whoever put that recoil pad on needs to be slapped though.

+1 million. I know someone that cut one of the most beautiful Sako Deluxe stocks I have ever seen and shortened it to 12 inch and added a sims pad . Made you want to cry.
Posted By: model70man Re: Model 70 wood? - 06/24/22

BSA, you sure nailed that one! Best post ever!
Posted By: 160user Re: Model 70 wood? - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

+1 million. I know someone that cut one of the most beautiful Sako Deluxe stocks I have ever seen and shortened it to 12 inch and added a sims pad . Made you want to cry.

I can't be friends with someone like that.
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I can't be friends with someone like that.

Best part is he argued that it was ok and it was a black sims pad. The original pad(RED) and 2" at least of stock were chopped.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Model 70 wood? - 06/24/22
Stock not cut,has the original pad.I think 1500 is a bit much.
Originally Posted by sqweeler

It does have a nice piece of wood that has to have the pad replaced. I would tell him that and offer less.

Phug-ging Blasphemy to do that to a nice piece of wood.
Originally Posted by sqweeler

sqweeler, that is not the original pad. The original should be red.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Model 70 wood? - 06/24/22
I meant he also has the original pad that come's with the rifle.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Yeah, $1,500.00 is too much. Its a pushfeed XTR sporter supergrade without sights, in an odd ball chambering. It does have a nice stock, but that stock doesn't increase the value by $1,000.00... JMHO. IF it were an XTR FWT, then maybe it would be worth considering. But it would still only be worth $1,100.00 approx. I've been eyeballing a nice little XTR FWT in 243 win for a while now, but they want $1,100.00 for it and I think it even comes with a scope I can sell and recoup some of the money, just to give you an example. I have noticed the XTR's of any flavor have gone up in value though. If you like it, try to get him to go down on the price by a few hundred. Or pay the piper and be into it for more than its worth..
© 24hourcampfire