Home
Have a line on a 98% one with no throat wear or extra holes.

What should I offer ?
$4,800.00
I had one years ago, big heavy rifle. It was very accurate
UpThePole: These are rare - especially in that condition - and thus are hard to evaluate.
They just are seldom seen for sale in that condition.
I have two pre-64 Winchester Model 70 Bull Guns in caliber 300 H&H Magnum.
One is a pre-war low four digit serial number example in 99% condition with original sling - I value it at an easy $4,000.00+.
The other is a new unfired in the crate latter era gun - I value it at $5,000.00'ish.
I wish I could be more help - speaking of more help what is the serial number range?
Good luck in your dealings.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
UpThePole: These are rare - especially in that condition - and thus are hard to evaluate.
They just are seldom seen for sale in that condition.
I have two pre-64 Winchester Model 70 Bull Guns in caliber 300 H&H Magnum.
One is a pre-war low four digit serial number example in 99% condition with original sling - I value it at an easy $4,000.00+.
The other is a new unfired in the crate latter era gun - I value it at $5,000.00'ish.
I wish I could be more help - speaking of more help what is the serial number range?
Good luck in your dealings.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

The thing is, the guy says its a "98%" condition rifle with "no throat wear". My estimate for "offer" is pretty much spot on. Fair for seller and buyer. Now, when the guy brings it here and shows pics and it's a 90% or less condition rifle and missing parts, that's on him.. No one else. He also does not say what year it was made or whether it's pre war or otherwise. Sure a lot of info missing, but the offer I suggested is very much in the ball park..
Winchesterpoor had a 300 H&H Bull Gun in the original crate for sale when he was regularly posting here. As I recall he indicated there was very little interest in the gun and believe he was disappointed in the $’s the gun sold for.
A proper centerfold subject matter rendition here... Think I'm going to swoon! smile smile smile

Best!
John
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Winchesterpoor had a 300 H&H Bull Gun in the original crate for sale when he was regularly posting here. As I recall he indicated there was very little interest in the gun and believe he was disappointed in the $’s the gun sold for.

Yes, you are correct. Steve had a couple, I believe. He's one I thought about when this thread popped up.
Originally Posted by iskra
A proper centerfold subject matter rendition here... Think I'm going to swoon! smile smile smile

Best!
John

Channeling Jack O'Connor.

Be nice to see some photos.
Thats very true I talked to him about it. I don't think he got $5K for it. Wonder what happened to him.
Everyone doesn’t want a Bull Gun.
Everyone doesn’t want a Bull Gun.

You're correct. Look at all the Mossbergs out there.
It's definitely a limited use rifle. If your amassing a Winchester M70 collection then it fits right in.
Carlos Hathcock won the 1965 Wimbledon Cup with one of these.

Be great to own one!
© 24hourcampfire