Home
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

While cleaning the bolt slide, I inadvertently turned the black end housing the safety and cannot get the the black portion turned back. It has 1 moving part that I can depress, because of this change in position the bolt which is now off center will not slide into the receiver. This black housing has 1 screw, I am not sure if this screw when loosened will allow me to then twist the housing back into the correct position or not. I certainly do not want to further screw up my current position any worse than I have already.
My next step will be a gunsmith and frankly I don’t have one old like me that is familiar with the older models, this model was made it the 70’s.
The 670 have safeties that utilize a 2 position safety, this gun is a 670 A that uses a 3 position safety like the more expensive Model 70 big brother.
Any help truly appreciated.

Attached picture 683B9E20-D830-49E9-82EB-804C0DC88454.jpeg
Attached picture 4BCF804E-CEDD-4702-818A-1794456936D7.jpeg
Orient the bolt just like in the picture.

Grab the black, depress the detente with your thumb, and turn it clockwise hard. Make the cocking piece “slide” up the ramp and cock (your second pic).

Basically, grab it and twist it hard.
Originally Posted by RickBin
Orient the bolt just like in the picture.

Grab the black, depress the detente with your thumb, and turn it clockwise hard. Make the cocking piece “slide” up the ramp and cock (your second pic).

Basically, grab it and twist it hard.

Sometimes you even have to place the cocking piece against a hard wood bench, apply pressure and pull down and rotate. Redneck may have a trick to doing this as well, but I've done that myself. Works well with m1917's and Ruger m77's too..
Rick,
Thank you, I had tried everything I could think of.
Your knowledge is very much appreciated!
Enjoy your week.

Worked like a champ.
© 24hourcampfire