Home
Posted By: MikeL2 33 WCF 1886 - 03/28/24
If anyone is interested, local shop has an 1886 in 33 WCF for sale. PM me for the shops contact info or here's the website: https://www.steinersoutpost.com/

Not a museum piece, obviously used but seemed cared for. Looked like a shotgun style butt, no checkering on butt stock, custom carved forearm, white receiver and forearm cap, short magazine. Didn't fondle it to try action or look at bore.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: 33 WCF 1886 - 03/29/24
Love mine.
Posted By: WStrayer Re: 33 WCF 1886 - 03/29/24
Not showing on website
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: 33 WCF 1886 - 03/29/24
Originally Posted by WStrayer
Not showing on website
It was there yesterday afternoon. Small shop, only been open couple of yrs, wouldn't expect entire inventory to show.
Posted By: PSH Re: 33 WCF 1886 - 03/31/24
Whqt were they asking?
Posted By: iskra Re: 33 WCF 1886 - 04/03/24
Just for info...

The .33 Win is most likely a "Lightweight" model (Not extra lightweight.) The .33 was billed as the first Winchester smokeless cartridge design of origin. The rifle was actually a pretty common rifle and many in .33 seem to be dated in the 1905-15 period. It was a good round but largely unappreciated today, likely because it was common. The rifle itself is easy to handle, naturally pointing and comfortable to fire. I have a take down/solid frame and a full mag. All are .33, because I liked the '86 but didn't want to spend what was being asked for most other chamberings selling for more. My several l I believe are two from first decade and full mag was early post WWI.
Pix of my Takedown below. (Lockup on these was good & tight with adjustability feature. )
Model recommended but for the ammo problem!
Best!
John

Attached picture R319-1U.jpg
Attached picture R319-11.jpg
Posted By: WStrayer Re: 33 WCF 1886 - 04/05/24
Hawk makes bullets for it. When I had mine, I bought already formed cases from Buffalo Arms. I know that many shooters form their own but my experiance indicated tha just a 33 WCF die didn't work.
© 24hourcampfire