Home
Just stopped by a local shop and there was a consigned '56 standard 270WCF about 96% sitting on the shelf. The barrel is stamped 55 and 270 underneath. Minimal handling marks, very clean throughout with a nice blue job. This is a low comb model. Well the price was very fair and it came home with me.
Just got done stripping things down and cleaning them up. The owner couldn't have been much of a shooter. No blue muzzle wear, no buggered up screws and no marks on the trigger guard and floorplate.
It had Weaver bases left on it. All spic and span underneath. Probably should get Weaver rings to keep it "period".

The only thing I need is the 22G sight assembly or some other variance close to it. I'll have to study the Rule and Matunas books tonight.

Pics tomorrow, its too late and too dark right now.

Thanks in advance for any leads on a sight assembly.
Check you PM, I got what you need! LOL
If reelman follows through with a reasonable price he's the man....I sold mine a year or so ago on flea bay for $120.00........ whistle. They are nice for a collector but the flip up type works better if you are using a scope....
The NRA stock has a 2" drop so that should make it a low comb. According to Rule and Matunas I need a 22k rear sight. But that assembly does not fold. I wonder if a 22G will fold down low enough to clear a scope? More research I guess.
Low comb stock guns came with 22G rear sights. They don't "fold down". Ebay has several right now and they go anywhere from $100 to $200 depending on the bidding frenzy.
Not sure what a 22K is but all the 22G's I have are non-folding.
This is a 22G with the riser:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINT-NOS-WI...=Vintage_Hunting&hash=item257763bf33
$126 already? I guess I should ask more that the $75 I sell mine for!
© 24hourcampfire