Home
Gents,

I picked up a Win Lite stock for a push feed M70 I tinkering with for the grandsons. The Win Lite stock is ADL style with a blind magazine so the factory bottom metal will not work. The stock did not come with a trigger guard. I have checked Brownell's, Midway, Wisner's, and, have emailed McMillan. Could not find anything via Google.

Any clues/leads where I could locate an ADL style trigger guard with hole spacing to fit a post 64, long action, Model 70 ? All help greatly appreciated !

Warren
Call McMillan. They offer this stock and could probably point you in the right direction.
Warren,

I have a Win Mdl 70 ADL trigger guard that was made obsolete when I updated to an aftermarket stock using bottom metal. The only possible issue is that it is black plastic.

It's yours if you want it.

pabucktail... I emailed McM. They did respond back. they do not stock the units, however, stated that it is a stock Win Model 670 unit. Which was helpful...

32_20Fan... thank you for the offer. I think I picked up a Model 670 unit from ebay that should work based on email from McM. If the one I have coming does not work out, I will ping you at that time. Again, thank you for the offer.
All... Thanks for the suggestions and comments. I am up and running. Learning points for me were that the WinLite stocks require a M670 trigger guard and magazine box. While the WinLite/M670 mag box is the same length and width as the M70 mag box, the M670/WinLite box is about 0.160" shorter. This makes a difference in getting the action properly settled down into the stock.

Again, thanks for the suggestions that got me started in the right direction.

Warren

BTW... Shaved right at a full pound off the weight of a wood stock with two piece bottom metal ! 8 lbs, 2 oz scoped...
© 24hourcampfire