Home
Guys, I am helping a widow sell off her husband's firearms. He was a Korean War vet and active military match shooter. I addition to M1 Garands and 1911 pistols, he has a Model 70 Target Rifle made in 1961, with bull barrel, target sights, and forward hand-stop. It has 2 areas of rub on the stock, but otherwise is near mint.

He also has a Model 70 made in 1942 marked 30 GOV'T'06. It has the "boat-paddle- safety, and has target block bases on it, although I have the original open sights as well.

Any ideas what I should sell these for? Pix available.
You might want to post pics so we have an idea of how original they are. IE: recoil pads installed, stocks cut, extra holes in receiver, factory irons, original sling swivels, etc. etc...
Will do
The 1942 sold for $1,550. I'm still waiting for his widow to find the rear sights for the Target rifle.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Wow, that target rifle is sexy!
Yes, I'm just waiting for her to find the rear receiver sight and she'll be ready to go.
What will be the price on the target? Has the rear bridge been d/t'd?
The receiver has been D&T, as it's a 1961 vintage. It presently has the base for the Redfield Olympic mounted on the left side of the receiver. Just waiting for the sight from his widow.
Thanks, I guess I didn't read the title. For some reason I was thinking it was a pre war target. I'm looking for nice pre war targets in all calibers.
© 24hourcampfire