Home
[Linked Image]
Posted By: rovert Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 10/31/13
I'm not sure it's my best, but here's one:

[Linked Image]

Top: XTR Sporter 30-06
Bottom: FN Super Grade .270
Posted By: Odessa Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 10/31/13
These two (one for shotguns, one for rifles). Model 21 near Geraldine MT in 2004, and a Model 88 in 284 WIN in Edgecombe County NC.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rovert Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 10/31/13
I guess I need to post an 88 to fit in.

[Linked Image]
From 3 years ago, the kids, their pre 64 M70's and their first mule deer.
[Linked Image]

1886 Winchester in 40-65, from Browning Brothers, Ogden U.T. This is just how the buck fell...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Wifey with her 1957 model 88, .308 Win. Less than 6 weeks after open heart surgery. Shot him literally off the back porch of the house! This pic made the heart transplant team PowerPoint presentation. Still waiting for the word on a heart.

[Linked Image]
Looks to me sir that your wife is all heart. God bless her. prayers sent.
This one,a .375 H&H Super Express with a Zeiss 4x. Now a Leupold 1x-4x on it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: pal Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/01/13
Wow! Some really nice photos.

My Pre '64 Model 70 Fwt .30-06.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by pal
Wow! Some really nice photos.

My Pre '64 Model 70 Fwt .30-06.

[Linked Image]

I love that picture pal. Your rifle is a ham...
Ah,what the hell, I'll play....Here's one that's all winchester, even the ammo:

[Linked Image]

Nothing says Winchester like a long tang 71 deluxe grin
Model 94

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BradD Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/02/13
Bunch of nice guns have been pictured here. Roundoak, that's a really nice looking 1906. Here's a few pictures:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Winchesters..........

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Whitebird, that is quite a rack of Winchesters!
Whitebird is the man.... cool
these are my current best.
the 60 and 67 I have had 50 yrs
the 375 32 yrs
the 70 is new to me
the 351 was a anchor that I fixed up
the 1890 shoots like a million dollars. can keep them in the black at a hundred yards. ground squirrels tremble!

Attached picture 2013-11-02 20.56.17.jpg
well he?? I still can,t post pictures.
http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/deerstalkert/media/2013-11-02205617_zps93ba6f76.jpg.html
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Razz Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/03/13
Handwerk, very nice!
Posted By: Razz Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/03/13
Spring 2012 near Folsom NM, 1913 vintage all original, loaded brass shells with Goex 2f and a mix of #4 & #6

[Linked Image]
Here's another.

[Linked Image]
Does this qualify?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/04/13
[Linked Image]

My father shortened the stock for me 50 years ago in 1963.

My uncle gave it to my father in 1959.

My uncle bought it new to protect the C.S. Holmes in 1939.
[Linked Image]
The C.S. Holmes was demasted, used as a sea going barge, and sunk in WWII.
now thats some history...way cool!
URL=http://s1019.photobucket.com/user/Kimberman/media/Rifle%20Pics/riflepics001.jpg.html][Linked Image][/URL]

Pre 64 (1961)model 70 in 264 Win Mag. Sightron SII Big Sky 3-12x42 in Talley lightweights. This gun loves 130 gr Swift Scirocco IIs.
Keep em coming guys and ladies, I never tire of a photo of any Winchester, My favorite thread before this one is the long running mod 70 one. I can spend hours viewing it. very best
Posted By: jbmi Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/07/13
Couple of 1950's Winchesters, 30/30 Model 64 & 32Spec. Model 94.
Both get hunted.
[Linked Image]
A high wall, circa (I'm told) 1900. At some point it was customized into a saddle ring carbine, in .45-90. It still shoots very well, and thoroughly hammers hogs...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rovert Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/08/13
[Linked Image]

My dad's, formerly grandfather's, 94 32 Special.
Posted By: raybass Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/09/13
Took these this morning, not the best but decent. Naturally I didn't notice the kiddo's toy in the background till later. laugh
First one is the 1963 Model 70 06 and second is the 1957 Model 70 270.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Awesome rifles buddy! Very nice "do it all's" right there. I'll bet they shoot as good as they look too...
Posted By: raybass Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/10/13
Do you see the scratch?!!! I noticed it today, I'm sure there are many more to come. shocked
Maybe not my best Winchester photo but a good one down the barrel of my favorite 56' mod 70 target that wears a sporter stock.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: EdM Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/12/13
A handful I like with my pre-64 358 Win.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/12/13
One of the last Custom Shop Model 70s, 338 Winchester Magnum:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/13/13
This one followed me home from North Carolina over the weekend:

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
A high wall, circa (I'm told) 1900. At some point it was customized into a saddle ring carbine, in .45-90. It still shoots very well, and thoroughly hammers hogs...

[Linked Image]

Damn that's a cool rifle.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
One of the last Custom Shop Model 70s, 338 Winchester Magnum:
[Linked Image]

Lordy what a jewel you have there! Keep the photos coming folks, I never tire of these photos!! very best
Ive probably posted this one before but it is by far one that I will keep and enjoy till pushed off in a hole in the south pasture. It is a 59' Varminter in the great 220 Swift, I think Rule says Winchester made 904 of these, I wonder why they waited so late in the varminter run to offer them as I also have a .243 that is a 56'. Folks will not believe how well it shoots but I am very happy happy!
[Linked Image]
very best
Same gun in .243 win, loves Fed prem. 70 gr BT's it may be 50's technology but it will shoot with high dollar customs !
[Linked Image]
very best
[Linked Image]
Posted By: rifle Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/13/13
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kitch Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/28/13
[Linked Image]

I hope that little guy's just sleeping.
Posted By: 79S Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/29/13
270 in classic sporter picture was taking on a sheep hunt

Attached picture image.jpg
Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
Ive probably posted this one before but it is by far one that I will keep and enjoy till pushed off in a hole in the south pasture. It is a 59' Varminter in the great 220 Swift, I think Rule says Winchester made 904 of these, I wonder why they waited so late in the varminter run to offer them as I also have a .243 that is a 56'. Folks will not believe how well it shoots but I am very happy happy!
[Linked Image]
very best
Same gun in .243 win, loves Fed prem. 70 gr BT's it may be 50's technology but it will shoot with high dollar customs !
[Linked Image]
very best
[Linked Image]

I love the target pics. I love it when they are in the orange!!!! Hey, that's a heavy barrel varminter, it's susposed to shoot. What guys don't believe is how well my std and fwt's shoot...
Not my best, but my most recent:

Transition Mod 70, Krieger barrel, Echols' Legend stock, Kodiak AK

[Linked Image]
Posted By: boltman Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/30/13
I'm a sucker for deluxe wood. This is a special order '86 in .45/90:

[Linked Image]

I'm not a big, "character gun" guy but sometimes a piece has just the right character. This is M1894 SRC in .32 special. It was a cowboy gun that came out of western North Dakota. Mechanics and headspace are tight as new. We've all had a lot of guns that we say, "if only it could talk..." This is really one of them smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
One neat feature is that it has the special .32 special rear sight that they only put on .32 specials - almost always on rifles. This is the only one I have seen on a carbine and looks like it has been on there since the beginning:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: raybass Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 11/30/13
This one followed me home from North Carolina over the weekend:

[Linked Image]

Nice rifle Jorge!
Originally Posted by Razz
Spring 2012 near Folsom NM, 1913 vintage all original, loaded brass shells with Goex 2f and a mix of #4 & #6

[Linked Image]

Love this picture!!!
Originally Posted by Kitch
[Linked Image]

I hope that little guy's just sleeping.

I was wondering why he'd shoot a dog.
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/01/13
Win 70 6.5x55, custom stock (Husqvarna 46 clone)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Very nice rifle and in a classy chambering..
My other Win 70 FWT 6.5x55, CRF. I wanted to keep it in the wood stock but was pretty heavy. So swapped it for a compact McM edge this summer. Weighs 7 1/4 lbs now.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Thanks BSA, almost as nice as some of yours
Originally Posted by Whitebird
Winchesters..........

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Mr. Whitebird, I like your taste in guns, a man with his priorities in the right place! Im going to build a fireproof,burger proof vault, gun room, re load room with a bench, and window to test loads out to 100-200 yard, to go out any further I would have to cut to many trees, most 100yr old hardwoods. I'm also looking into getting my C&R license as I understand it the FFL just brings on to much Fed, bullsh*t. If any of you folks use a C&R let me know how its working out for you. Fantastic spread of good ones you have put together there.... very best to you mr Whitebird

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
not my best Winchester pix but a happy,happy that I posted under a different topic. very best
[Linked Image]

Model 97 16 ga pump shotgun and "big bird"
[Linked Image]

Model 70 Alaskan .338 ( now sold )
[Linked Image]

Model 94 .32SPL and dink candidate....
[Linked Image]

1876 deluxe in 40-60...

[Linked Image]

1952 Win 12 12 Gauge Mod choke SD pheasant

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by shrapnel

1876 deluxe in 40-60...

[Linked Image]

Wow! Great catch on the 40-60, it's beautiful!

I'm afraid that Bullwinkle won't be a good dink candidate, however smile

A few months later...

[Linked Image]
Whitebird that manly her stock has to be the best looking rifle I have ever seen. I would trade just about any gun I have for that thing.....droooooooool!,,,,
Some Winchesters from my uncles collection. That mule deer in the top picture was killed with a Winchester 94 in 38-55 serial number 8. I was standing beside Harold when he shot him.
Doc
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Me and uncle Harry would be inseparable, uncle harry could not get the wrapper off his cigar before I had a match lit. LOL , I am happy we have folks like Uncle Harry who have kept these Winchester collections going. very best

Some of my Winchesters on display at Kalispell gun show...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Thanks for the pix ,Shrapnel, great photo and I bet great story on the moose as well. very best
Posted By: battue Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/08/13
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[[img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/toby0223/P1000611-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/toby0223/P1000602.jpg[/img]
Great photos, a fellow has not lived till he understands a good Dog and Winchester, Looks like you have spent much time with both... very best
Shrapnel, those are awesome Winchesters, Will you be at any of the Montana gunshows this winter... I hit the one in Billings this fall.. It was awesome compared to what we get in Wy.. I would like to attend some of the good ones up there this winter in Jan. or Feb.. March is out due to my Dad's birthday..

Battue, again that beautiful little dog and the 16 ga. I got to thinking after I looked at that shotgun in other photos, that was my dream gun when I was starting to hunt.. Begged my mom and dad for a model 12 16ga. modified choke.. They didn't buy it for me for Christmas, and to this day I have never owned a model 12 in 16.. Probably never will now.. I am shotgun poor and don't have time to shoot the ones I already have..
Originally Posted by DocFoster
Some Winchesters from my uncles collection. That mule deer in the top picture was killed with a Winchester 94 in 38-55 serial number 8. I was standing beside Harold when he shot him.
Doc
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Great collection, Doc!
Where does he show - PDX gun show? I'd like to see them in person.
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Shrapnel, those are awesome Winchesters, Will you be at any of the Montana gunshows this winter... I hit the one in Billings this fall.. It was awesome compared to what we get in Wy.. I would like to attend some of the good ones up there this winter in Jan. or Feb.. March is out due to my Dad's birthday..

I will be at Bozeman next weekend, Kalispell the end of March.
Posted By: jim330 Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/10/13
1908 winchester signal cannon
[Linked Image]
A few of my all original old winchester pocket knives.1919-1942[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Schrapnel, thanks for the info. I will have to miss both due to obligations.. Maybe another time..
Posted By: TooTall Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/10/13
I knew Harold. He was a fine man.
Do I need to belong to photo bucket or another sponsor to post pictures?
Posted By: pal Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/11/13
Yes. It's easy. Even girls and kids do it. wink
Posted By: GF1 Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/12/13
Here's my pride and joy, 1941 Model 70 reworked and rechambered to 300 Win Mag by Al and Roger Biesen. It weighs in at 8 3/4# all up; now wears a 6x36 Leupold:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: pal Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/12/13
That is a real treasure.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/12/13
I kinda like this little Model 42 Skeet Grade as well...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TDN Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/12/13
While not as classic or classy as many here - it is my favorite photo of one of my Winnys.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by pal
Yes. It's easy. Even girls and kids do it. wink

Don't care for photo bucket so If I just can't up load from my computer I won't be posting any. grin
Posted By: Kitch Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/12/13
Don't care for photo bucket so If I just can't up load from my computer I won't be posting any.

Try flickr. They have sharper images than photobucket.

http://www.flickr.com/
[Linked Image]
My old standby..mid 50's .270 fwt
[Linked Image]
Fantastic classic Pal ! A Fwt is next up on my bucket list, I love 30-06 but for some unknown reason out of 18 cals. I have never owned a .270, Im thinking it would be the cats ass in SW GA whitetails. very best on a nice gun...

94 Legacy 44Mag
[Linked Image]
I like that. I'll bet it's a hoot to shoot too..

Yep,, but I been digging the Pre-64 lately...

[Linked Image]
Kinda tricked out pre 64 wink..Nice rifle..
Posted By: battue Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/15/13
Most recent; from today.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EricM Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/15/13
Congrats battue. I like that pic!

Eric
Not the best picture, but here is this years steaks taken by my M70 Super Grade in 300 RUM. Shooting a 200gr Nosler Partition at 3200 fps

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

257 Roberts...

[Linked Image]
Nice pre64, I would love to own one someday.
[Linked Image]
Good one I wasn't expecting that. Not sure but I think the gun thing may have been the intention here.. LOL. !!!!!!
Posted By: flur60 Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/21/13
My newest Winchester: XPert Model 96, 20ga w/ custom English Walnut Stock and Nickel Plated receiver. Probably doesn't do much for the hardcore collectors but I think she's beautiful! cool
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I think it's damn beautiful!!! Nice...
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I think it's damn beautiful!!! Nice...

+1, she looks like a beauty to me.
Posted By: pal Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/22/13
Nice chunka wood.
Originally Posted by flur60
My newest Winchester: XPert Model 96, 20ga w/ custom English Walnut Stock and Nickel Plated receiver. Probably doesn't do much for the hardcore collectors but I think she's beautiful! cool
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Beautiful, I was walking a kink out of my leg and hip with my trusty mod 70 late yesterday when a big covey of quail flushed underfoot, an old owl or redtail hawk must have had em holding real tight as I never heard a peep till they exploded. That would have been a nice gun to catch 2 on the rise with. very best on a nice smooth bore
Posted By: flur60 Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/22/13
Thank you all for the kind words.

I'd love to be able to swing her on a covey of quail someday. That has always been a dream of mine. But, unfortunately, I live in Western NY where quail are all but non-existent. Someday maybe! Even the roughed grouse, that used to be everywhere in my youth, are a rarity anymore (although I did have one flush in front of me this past deer season - stirred up some fond memories smile ). This gun will likely be used more for breaking clays than walking through the woodlots.

Happy Holidays to all the Campfire members,

Dan

Posted By: Sbrown Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/22/13
My main passion is Savages, however I do enjoy a good Winchester Rimfire. 52 Target Slowlock with Leatherwood Sniper 8X scope.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
Doc
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Great collection, Doc!
Where does he show - PDX gun show? I'd like to see them in person.

Harold passed away some time back and his collection is not being shown at this time.
Doc
Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
Me and uncle Harry would be inseparable, uncle harry could not get the wrapper off his cigar before I had a match lit. LOL , I am happy we have folks like Uncle Harry who have kept these Winchester collections going. very best

Well since we don't have a cigar forum on the Campfire you probably felt that you had to post this somewhere or did you choose the Winchester forum because you had a Winchester lighter. grin
Merry Christmas to all.
Doc
[Linked Image]
Posted By: flur60 Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/24/13
Gun smoke and Cigar smoke!, an awesome combination that can mean nothing but good times with good friends!

Happy Holidays Firemates,
Dan
Posted By: Jkob Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/24/13
I'll have this one at DSC again, still for sale, lowered price. 375 H&H

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: RGK Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/24/13
[quote=Jkob]I'll have this one at DSC again, still for sale, lowered price. 375 H&H

I'd sell the wife to the Arabs right now and buy that, if it was a lefty...Very nice!
Bob
PS- Wouldn't get too much for the wife, though.
Not one of my firearms but thought you might enjoy an extra large vintage Skeet score card.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Very cool skeet score sheet, how big is it!
roughly 16"X38"
Originally Posted by RGK
[quote=Jkob]I'll have this one at DSC again, still for sale, lowered price. 375 H&H

I'd sell the wife to the Arabs right now and buy that, if it was a lefty...Very nice!
Bob

Lefty 375's always have been hard to find, at least around these parts. I ended up having one built.
Doc
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RGK

Bob

Lefty 375's always have been hard to find, at least around these parts. I ended up having one built.
Doc
[Linked Image]

Awesome lefty!
Posted By: Jkob Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/25/13
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by RGK

Bob

Doc
[Linked Image]

Awesome lefty!

I also have a lefty M70 custom that will also be going to DSC It is a classic in 400H&H caliber.
3 22's 75 grooved sporter, grooved 61 22lr and a 63

[Linked Image]
Posted By: pal Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/28/13
Nice rack.
Posted By: RGK Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/28/13
Not really a Winchester, but it WANTS to be...
Bob

MRC .375, built by Hill Country Rifles.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Nice rifle RGK. You are going to give it a complex though grin..Nothing wrong with that MRC.. Being from Hill Country, it probably shoots every bit as good as my 375 wink
[Linked Image]
Posted By: JGrass Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/20/14
[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img] [img:center]http://http://[URL=http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/JGrass5/media/M70%20CS%20SA%20308/IMG_0778_zps47a9ac87.jpg.html][Linked Image][/img] [img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img] [img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img] 1292.photobucket.com/user/JGrass5/media/M70%20CS%20SA%20308/IMG_0767_zpsdd0c84cf.jpg.html][Linked Image][/URL][/img] [img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: pal Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/20/14
Pretty wood.
New Haven Custom Shop, picked the blank myself and fitted at the ole New Haven Plant. Had many custom features added. 30th wedding anniversary gift from my wife
[Linked Image]
Brother Vin 1953 M70 Pre-64 308. We've been hanging deer in that garage for 60 years! [img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]
Originally Posted by Partsman
[Linked Image]

Man that gun takes me back, my Grandfather was 2nd in command of our 'county farm' in addition to our family farm in the late 30's thru early 60's .I can remember the gun room and a couple or 3 of these Winchester autos stood in the rack, I can remember 1 Thompson as well. Shotguns were used out on road detail. I have my Grandfathers Win model 97, 12ga, 30" full choke I cherish the gun and its still my go to spring gobbler gun, it has never let me down I am still using out of a box of his Rem high brass #2 lead shot that has ' US Govt' over rolled on the outside of box!I also have 2 boxes just like the #2's that are buckshot.. I will try and dig out pix. very best Win Poor
Posted By: tmitch Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/28/14
[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

The three bears, papa, mama and baby.....M71 .348, M64 .30-30 & M65 .218

1876's in 45-75 and 45-60...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tmitch Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 03/03/14
Nice! You don't see '76s like that every day.

We took the 45-75 to Alaska bear hunting...

[Linked Image]
Model 70 Classic with a modern twist.....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tmitch Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 03/03/14
Man shrapnel, that had to have been a thrill. Like walking in TRs footsteps!
Here's a couple from a newb if I can get the pix loaded. Hope you don't grade on picture quality.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

These are all 38-55's, as is the PG carbine above.
[Linked Image]

yooper35
Posted By: pal Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 03/06/14
Nice rack!
Originally Posted by drano 25

[Linked Image]

Nice one, what kind of stock is that?
I
Originally Posted by Hamburg81
Originally Posted by drano 25

[Linked Image]

Nice one, what kind of stock is that?

It's a McMillan Winchester Hunter, edge fill.
This takes two pictures to achieve full effect:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Three desperados.

yooper, how do like that trick Wondersight peep. They sell'em pretty dear, wondered if they were worth a look.

Wonderful photos all, thanks.
70 Extreme Weather SS with black cerakote

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: LHS905 Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/07/22
An old thread......maybe this will resurrect it.

LHS

Attached picture Totally Awesome Photo-I.JPG
Posted By: MikeS Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/07/22
Couldn't decide on just one...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Leupold Scopes, how can this be?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: tmitch Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/07/22
Damn! No wonder finding a 71 carbine is so tough! Nice group JSG!

My contribution to keep this thread alive.

1894 .25-35
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

1885 Winder musket .22 short
Posted By: Brad Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/07/22
Some oldies...

Posted By: beretzs Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 12/07/22
Dang Brad, the second one down looks a lot like mine.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

I have a few others around

Pre-64 model 88, with a new barrel.....

[Linked Image]
Zim 2018

Charlie Sisk built this 300 Win in '04

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Pre War Mod 70

Posted By: beretzs Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/14/23
Great pictures Tony! Awesome stuff.

1957 270 Win. 378 yd shot on a powerline. Ran 30-40 yards into the woods. 277#
Godogs that buck has some thick going on! Great buck. Oh… Perfect rifle also 💪
What a dandy buck! Very nice!

Great shooting as well. Who’da guessed a 270 could kill a deer so far away whistle
Originally Posted by beretzs

Great shooting as well. Who’da guessed a 270 could kill a deer so far away whistle
Didn’t want to blow the deer apart with a 6.5 Man Bun so I downgraded to a 270
Originally Posted by Godogs57

Didn’t want to blow the deer apart with a 6.5 Man Bun so I downgraded to a 270

I hear you, I do the same myself. It’s hard to believe the old ping pong slinger still gets it done….

Great buck though. Love seeing 270’s laying across big bucks. Makes my heart swell a size grin
Hard to beat a 270
Snap shot this dude at a trot running away entrance behind the ear exit out the eye socket
Lightweight 30/06
I bet he did the “Ass over the head” maneuver. Beautiful rifle sir and nice buck.

Godogs57, Outstanding buck, congrats!
Mind sharing what county he was in?
Posted By: beretzs Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/15/23
Great bucks fellas!
Posted By: EdM Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/15/23
My 416 Remington M70 in Zimbabwe.

Originally Posted by winchester70

Lee County, GA.
Posted By: Mgw619 Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/15/23

Lee County, GA.
What a hog! He makes that rifle look small.
Had a good season with a my Model 70 this year.

Took a last minute trip out to Colorado. Got my first elk.

Then a couple weeks later shot my best buck here in Pa.

Damn Ben, nice buck.

I'm from Pen Argyl, where are you at ?
Originally Posted by Mgw619

Lee County, GA.
What a hog! He makes that rifle look small.
Thanks. I had a little swamp between where he fell and where my truck could get to. A 100+ yard pull to the truck took me an hour and a half that Thanksgiving morning. Still had a silly grin on my face after that pull.
One of the last to come out of New Haven in late 2005:

A 270WSM SuperGrade Classic III in a B&C stock for field work.
Winchester 1886 Deluxe, 45-70...

Posted By: beretzs Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/18/23
Originally Posted by keystoneben

Holy crap! What a year and a great buck and bull! Hot damn you’re on a roll! Dandy’s.

Good job Ben. Looks like you used your pre 64 model 70 in a hunters edge stock. I believe that is a 30-06, if I remember right. More details man. For us guys that like talking bullets and stuff!!!! How did the rifle handle for you? Were they DRT?
.358 STA

.300 H&H Mag

Beautiful rifles there..
Couple of my favorites.

Nice rifles SC! Dang, I love that 358 STA!
Cool pictures GN!
7mm-08 Carbine

.225 Winchester - Not very pretty to look at, but a helluva shooter

A limit with Dad's 1913 vintage 1911 SL

A few limb rats with Grandad's model 24 16ga

Originally Posted by SCGunNut
.225 Winchester - Not very pretty to look at, but a helluva shooter

Right on, looks like a hell of a shooter for sure..
Originally Posted by hicountry
Damn Ben, nice buck.

I'm one exit before Elk mountain on 81

BSA here's the elk recap

This was my second trip out west for a hunt. I went to Montana a few years ago with my buddy but came home empty handed. Two years ago he moved to Colorado. He wanted me to come out elk hunting, but it's tough for me to commit to time off months in advance. This fall we were pretty caught up on the farm, so my brother and wife agreed to hold down the fort.

I bought a last minute $200 plane ticket on a Saturday and flew out the next Thursday. He had drawn a mule deer tag, and I bought an over the counter bull tag for the 2nd season. He had checked out the unit after archery season, but only spent a little time in the area and didn't see any animals. I was happy to have the time off and to get to spend some time with a good friend. We set up camp Friday morning and checked out the area that evening.

The next morning we hiked about a mile and a half from the quad trail and each of us posted up on a different side of the ridge. When the sun came up it wasn't that great of a spot so we went over one more ridge and did the same thing. Around 830 a few cows came down a ridge about a 1000 yards away. Before I knew it, the group grew to 21 head, with 4-5 five points and one bigger six point. When the six point was silhouetted on the crest of the hill I remember thinking this was how I always pictured elk hunting. We watched them for a half hour or so. The animals seemed like they were going to settle into a patch of blowdowns for a bit.

The goal was to kill anything legal but I was happy to actually get to "hunt" elk. The plan was to drop about 1200ft of elevation and get onto the ridge that was between us and the elk. This looked like I would give me a 350-400 yard shot. The hike took 45 minutes and we weren't exactly where we wanted to be yet. But my buddy peeked over the ridge and most of the elk were gone. There was a few cows, a spike and a 5 point walking straight into us. We were going to try and make a move on the 5 point, when I noticed the rest of the elk crossing the ridge we were on. 325 yards below, a couple of cows were crossing through a 10-15 yard gap in the trees. They were all broadside, single file. I got the rifle ready and by buddy was watching the herd in his binos. He said here comes a 5 point.

We were so wrapped up trying to kill a legal bull, we had forgotten about the six point. I said "hey, where's the big one?" He said "it's a couple back wait a sec". When the six point came to the gap in the trees, it turned and was walking towards us. I fired straight into it's chest. I saw it rear up, it was a good hit. I fired another shot and it dropped. A couple seconds later it stumbled around trying to follow the other elk. It went into a little clearing at 350 yards I got on it again and hit it (in the lower shoulder) then once more into it's neck. It was dead. By 1030am on the first morning we had a bull on the ground.

Pa buck recap

I went for a walk in the morning before chores. I spotted a two deer out in a freshly picked corn strip. It was too dark to get a good look at them, but it looked like a decent buck and a doe.
I snuck out to the top of a diversion ditch and got ready for a prone shot. As the sun came up I could tell it was a good buck. It started to walk towards the mountain, I fired one shot at 340 yards. The buck jumped and went about ten yards. It looked dead on its feet but I shot once more and it tipped over.
Damn Ben, nice buck.

BSA here's the elk recap

This was my second trip out west for a hunt. I went to Montana a few years ago with my buddy but came home empty handed. Two years ago he moved to Colorado. He wanted me to come out elk hunting, but it's tough for me to commit to time off months in advance. This fall we were pretty caught up on the farm, so my brother and wife agreed to hold down the fort.

I bought a last minute $200 plane ticket on a Saturday and flew out the next Thursday. He had drawn a mule deer tag, and I bought an over the counter bull tag for the 2nd season. He had checked out the unit after archery season, but only spent a little time in the area and didn't see any animals. I was happy to have the time off and to get to spend some time with a good friend. We set up camp Friday morning and checked out the area that evening.

The next morning we hiked about a mile and a half from the quad trail and each of us posted up on a different side of the ridge. When the sun came up it wasn't that great of a spot so we went over one more ridge and did the same thing. Around 830 a few cows came down a ridge about a 1000 yards away. Before I knew it, the group grew to 21 head, with 4-5 five points and one bigger six point. When the six point was silhouetted on the crest of the hill I remember thinking this was how I always pictured elk hunting. We watched them for a half hour or so. The animals seemed like they were going to settle into a patch of blowdowns for a bit.

The goal was to kill anything legal but I was happy to actually get to "hunt" elk. The plan was to drop about 1200ft of elevation and get onto the ridge that was between us and the elk. This looked like I would give me a 350-400 yard shot. The hike took 45 minutes and we weren't exactly where we wanted to be yet. But my buddy peeked over the ridge and most of the elk were gone. There was a few cows, a spike and a 5 point walking straight into us. We were going to try and make a move on the 5 point, when I noticed the rest of the elk crossing the ridge we were on. 325 yards below, a couple of cows were crossing through a 10-15 yard gap in the trees. They were all broadside, single file. I got the rifle ready and by buddy was watching the herd in his binos. He said here comes a 5 point.

We were so wrapped up trying to kill a legal bull, we had forgotten about the six point. I said "hey, where's the big one?" He said "it's a couple back wait a sec". When the six point came to the gap in the trees, it turned and was walking towards us. I fired straight into it's chest. I saw it rear up, it was a good hit. I fired another shot and it dropped. A couple seconds later it stumbled around trying to follow the other elk. It went into a little clearing at 350 yards I got on it again and hit it (in the lower shoulder) then once more into it's neck. It was dead. By 1030am on the first morning we had a bull on the ground.

Pa buck recap

I went for a walk in the morning before chores. I spotted a two deer out in a freshly picked corn strip. It was too dark to get a good look at them, but it looked like a decent buck and a doe.
I snuck out to the top of a diversion ditch and got ready for a prone shot. As the sun came up I could tell it was a good buck. It started to walk towards the mountain, I fired one shot at 340 yards. The buck jumped and went about ten yards. It looked dead on its feet but I shot once more and it tipped over.

Great story Ben. Thanks for sharing!!!! You left out the rifle and bullet though. If I remember right, that is your 30-06 fwt in a mcmillan stock? My buddy sent me a video of his elk hunt from a couple weeks ago. Late season cow elk hunt. He was using the pre 64 model 70 308 winchester that I restocked for him with a Mcmillan swirly hunters compact. Awesome stuff again, since I did not get to go elk hunting last fall!!!! Congrats on your nice bull buddy!!!
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/20/23
One of the last to come out of the Custom shop in the early 60s... 338 Winchester Magnum

Posted By: battue Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/21/23
It was a great hunt....the day before the storm was coming and they were out feeding and didn't care if you were close to them. Had one more day and thought tomorrow it will be easy to get one. It wasn't, they hold up and you couldn't find one. Finally in the afternoon bounced this one out of her bed up on top. Easy drag down to the truck.

Posted By: beretzs Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/21/23
Damn Ben, nice buck.

BSA here's the elk recap

Pa buck recap

Awesome hunt. Sounds like a classic elk hunt to me.

Helluva buck hunt too!

I pass right by your exit weekly. Cool to know another P64 fella is so close, in relative terms!
Posted By: bt8897 Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/21/23
nice
One of the last to come out of the Custom shop in the early 60s... 338 Winchester Magnum

Love to see that in more detail!
BSA
Yea the rifle is a pre64 fwt 30-06 . I've been shooting the 165gr interlock for the last 5-6 years. The load is really accurate out of my rifle, (it killed a woodchuck at 565 yards). I've used it on 2-3 deer a year, probably a dozen coyotes, 3 black bear and now one elk.

The first shot on the buck was a pass through. The second shot went in right Infront of the shoulder blade and came out the neck. It was stopped in the hide. I found it when I skinned it.

The first shot on the elk probably would have killed it. It went in the chest and didn't exit. The lower shoulder shot didn't either. But the neck shot did. It died within 25-30 yards of where I first shot it so I'd say it worked.

Beretzs
Where are you at?
Posted By: 99guy Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/24/23
I am a fan of Interlocks
BSA
Yea the rifle is a pre64 fwt 30-06 . I've been shooting the 165gr interlock for the last 5-6 years. The load is really accurate out of my rifle, (it killed a woodchuck at 565 yards). I've used it on 2-3 deer a year, probably a dozen coyotes, 3 black bear and now one elk.

The first shot on the buck was a pass through. The second shot went in right Infront of the shoulder blade and came out the neck. It was stopped in the hide. I found it when I skinned it.

The first shot on the elk probably would have killed it. It went in the chest and didn't exit. The lower shoulder shot didn't either. But the neck shot did. It died within 25-30 yards of where I first shot it so I'd say it worked.

Beretzs
Where are you at?

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I thought it was a good ol 06. Nice do everything rifle and load right there. My 30-06 rifles love the 165 Hornady sp and btsp interlocks. The SP probably shoots a shade better in them. Great hunting rifle and bullet, thanks for sharing. Doesn't get much better than that one..
Posted By: beretzs Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/24/23
BSA

Beretzs
Where are you at?

I am up in Schoharie County, NY. I pass by you, hit Binghamton and travel 100 miles Northeast.
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

Love to see that in more detail!

Same here.
Representing the Lefties.....

Very nice! That's a cool rifle for you Southpaws!
I am up in Schoharie County, NY. I pass by you, hit Binghamton and travel 100 miles Northeast.

Sounds good, it's a nice ride through that area. I was selling some steers to a guy around Oneonta, and my friend used to have some hunting spots near afton. My uncle's got a hunting cabin near Norwich, didn't go this year though.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/25/23
Nice, Oneonta is about 45 minutes away.
BLR358WINs entry!

TY Scotty! 2019 buck killed on my Crawford Co PA property. Its a 70 custom classic 338 in a Bansher stock(crazy ser # G46) I was hunting with my brother when he spotted a head with antlers turning side to side in the thicket at 100 yds with his binos. He said its a big one but I aint trying a shot with his 700 in 3006. I said im not scared. 200 gr bullet took him right threw the back of his neck. He never got out of his bed! A week later same gun dropped a big doe. Awesome memories!!!
Great buck!
Posted By: EdM Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/25/23
Custom pre-64 358 Win.

Originally Posted by battue
It was a great hunt....the day before the storm was coming and they were out feeding and didn't care if you were close to them. Had one more day and thought tomorrow it will be easy to get one. It wasn't, they hold up and you couldn't find one. Finally in the afternoon bounced this one out of her bed up on top. Easy drag down to the truck.

Looks like great deer hunting weather. Don't you have one with a brown stock aswell?
BLR358WINs entry!

Damn nice.
Posted By: battue Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/29/23
Yes. You have a good memory.
Posted By: JimH Re: Your best Winchester Photo - 01/29/23
Model 42 skeet from 1959.

Attached picture 52656730189_da04a76772_w.jpg
Model 42 26" cylinder bore. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[img]https://share.icloud.com/photos/085Vn--tUnjbAh-YjCr2Ae0Dw[/img]

[img]https://share.icloud.com/photos/053zFELAXCRXCs5tKf8K-f11w[/img]