Home
Posted By: tcp Model 70 hole spacing ? - 01/04/14
Is the hole spacing for the action screws the same between a pre 64 long action and post 64? And if so, is there any major impediment to taking a Mc Millan or similar synthetic stock inletted for a post '64 action and fitting a pre '64 into it? Thank you.
Yes, there's a difference. By the way, the pre 64's only had 1 action length (no long or short). A post 64 stock can be fitted to a pre 64 if you have the skills. I've done a couple. However, my question to you: Why not just buy a mcmillan inletted for the pre 64? I'm assuming this is for your fwt..
Posted By: tcp Re: Model 70 hole spacing ? - 01/04/14
Yes, for the featherweight I recently aquired. The original stock is pretty beat, broken, repaired, barrel channel fubared. If I can't do a decent job refurbishing it, I will start looking for a replacement. Just wanted to know what options I had.

I have done LOTS of fiberglass work in my past. If anyone has a good quality but ugly or in need of repair synthetic stock they want to sell that would accomadate a pre 64 featherweight I would be interested, please PM me. Thanks
Posted By: JStor Re: Model 70 hole spacing ? - 01/08/14
Post-64 long action = 7.575 inches.

Post-64 short action = 7.035 inches.

Pre-64 action = 7.450 inches.
© 24hourcampfire