Home
No bluing, plumb finish.
Scratched up stock, but no chunks missing.
105 years old.
Original barrel, Perfect bore.

I have the money.
I am just trying to work up the nerve to buy my most expensive collector rifle ever.

Thanks for any useful range or price info.
That sure would go well with my 1909 Colt Frontier Six Shooter. smile
I handled a 92 in 44-40 yesterday, just the barreled action, and it wasnt pretty. Looked like it had been in a barn for several years.
The question is, what would YOU pay for it? Since I'm not in the market for a '92 .44-40 it would have to be a really low price to get me to pop, but if you're looking for that exact rifle it's worth more to you. My LGS has two in decent shape in the $900 range but neither are .44s and I haven't seen the bores.

Believe that the 44-40 is a desirable caliber....
I can't remember the last '92 I saw worth bringing home that was under a grand, with most considerably higher. Last I looked, they were not building WINCHESTER '92's any more. Lots of imports from Italy and Taiwan and Timbuktu, but not ORIGINAL honest-to-goodness Winchester 1892's, especially 44's. GO FOR IT! Just my opinion and worth every penny you paid for it. grin
yooper
Especially if it's smokeless, in case you want to wear it out as God and Moses Browning intended.
carbine or rifle? carbines are more costly giving the same condition.
Rifle with hex barrel.
Based on your brief description of the rifle condition, I would guess between $1000-$1500. It's a big plus that the bore is good.[ often are on 44-40's].
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks all... an hour ago I paid $1528 out the door with $133 WA state tax.

This was a big leap for me to pay that much for a gun.
From the very limited pics, in my mind "ya dun good". Nice honest looking standard rifle, it'll be worth more tomorrow than you paid today and it'll keep going up. Plus you get to enjoy it now. Congratulations on making that big jump.
yooper
Looks sweet! I have a few in .32-20 but they don't look that good. Yep, ya did good.
Looks like a good one....
Looks good.you did not overpay.I was trying to be conservative, giving your brief description. NICE GUN.
© 24hourcampfire