Home
Hey fellas, anyone know what the true muzzle OD is on a NH Sporter BOSS in 7mm RM?

Curious if the OD is bigger than non-BOSS model and factory Rem Mag contours.

Thx
Later today I can get you the diameter of a NH Sporter BOSS in .300 WM. Would that help?

FWIIW, I think they are the same diameter, BOSS or non-BOSS. However the non-BOSS rifles have a bit longer bore, because Winchester shortened the BOSS barrels a bit to keep the overall length of the rifles about the same. This also means the non-BOSS rifles have a bit smaller diameter measured right at the muzzle due to the taper and the slightly longer length. But my belief is that measuring the diameter equal distances from the breech will result in the same measurements.
Hey Doc whatever measurement you can provide will be helpful, thanks!
WDEA,

First, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. In order to avoid confusion about the location of the muzzle on a BOSS equipped rifle, which is threaded (and also because I did not want to remove the BOSS weight from the barrel or the action from the stock), I measured the barrel diameter at two specific distances from the front edge of the receiver ring. This is a repeatable measurement to compare the barrel taper on a non-BOSS rifle. The rifle measured is a stainless, New Haven, serial G153xxx, chambered in .300 Winchester Magnum.
12" from the front edge of the receiver ring, the diameter is 0.723"
21" from the front edge of the receiver ring, the diameter is 0.627"

Hope this helps,
Gun Doc
Thx Doc! That'll work!
You're welcome. Glad I could help.
© 24hourcampfire