Posted By: Sakohunter264 Custom 300WSM - 05/28/17
Couldn't be happier - Custom 300 WSM
Both a McMillian Edge and Supergrade Stock - Both Bedded
Hart custom 2-1/2" contour 1-10" twist @ 24"
SS G Series action
cerekoted graphite black
PTG bottom metal
action has been finely trued and trigger worked
Metal was removed from the bottom of the action to lighten overall weight.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: hanco Re: Custom 300WSM - 05/28/17
That's really nice, you have the right bases and rings on it. I've been changing all mine to Talley two piece. Takes a little time and money when you have twenty plus high powered rifles. They give rifles a bit of class in my opinion.
Posted By: GuideGun Re: Custom 300WSM - 05/28/17
Very nice, who did the work?
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Custom 300WSM - 05/28/17
That's a beauty. Let us know how she shoots...
Posted By: Sakohunter264 Re: Custom 300WSM - 05/28/17
Please PM if you are interested in knowing the gunsmith. He has built 10+ rifles for me, his turnaround time is under two weeks. He's a lifelong friend and amazing gunsmith that understands perfection.
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Custom 300WSM - 05/29/17
Awesome ! Glad to see the whole Fire is not stunt shooting 😞 Real rifles for hunting! That is a nice rifle. Enjoy👍
Posted By: STS45 Re: Custom 300WSM - 05/30/17
That turned out amazing!
Posted By: Gun_Doc Re: Custom 300WSM - 05/30/17
That is a classic, elegant rifle! What scope are you using? What do you expect it to weigh in the McMillian, scope, sling, unloaded?
Posted By: Sakohunter264 Re: Custom 300WSM - 05/31/17
Bare rifle will weigh 7.1oz without a scope and McMillian.

I need some help selecting a scope. Any help is appreciated.
Posted By: Gun_Doc Re: Custom 300WSM - 05/31/17
Most of my hunting rifles wear Leupold 3.5-10x40mm.
They are long enough to work on most long actions without having to resort too much on extension rings, bases, etc.
I like low mounted scopes, and they will mount lower than a 50mm objective.
I pay attention not to the highest power, but to the lowest power for the quick shot. (People usually want more on the top if they can get it, which is why we are seeing scopes with greater than 3x range, i.e. 4-16 as opposed to 4-12.) I find that if the rifle fits and points well enough, you can get away with 3.5 on the low end. As long as the target is in the field of view when you point the rifle, without having to "find" the target, you are in pretty good shape. Having said that, if I owned a genuine dangerous game rifle, I would probably go lower on the low end. If you tend to (or need to) shoot at moving game, then you must also consider keeping the target in the field of view.
They are more or less affordable. If you can afford more, I don't have any experience with those.
The 2.5-8x36 is also good.
Posted By: TDN Re: Custom 300WSM - 05/31/17
Great, well thought out rig!! Congrats!

I think that thing begs for a svelte, high quality variable... like a S&B Summit

(subtle, I know. Check my ad in the classifieds grin )
Posted By: DeskJockey Re: Custom 300WSM - 06/18/17
Very nice. I've had the same plan in my mind. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Custom 300WSM - 06/25/17
Very cool
Posted By: JackVliet Re: Custom 300WSM - 06/30/17
Sweet rifle, I would go with the swarovski z3 3-9x36.
© 24hourcampfire