Home
Posted By: rembo FN made Model 70 in 7WSM - 08/11/17
These seem to be somewhat few and far between. There's one available locally in a Fwt.

Any idea when these were done and how many were chambered?

Couldn't have been that many.
I'd love an Extreme Weather in that chambering.
Posted By: rembo Re: FN made Model 70 in 7WSM - 08/12/17
Here are some pics of the rifle in question.
The styrofoam in this box is formed for a scoped rifle....did Winchester offer a "package" gun with a VX-1 Leupold?
I don't think it's been fired.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mudstud Re: FN made Model 70 in 7WSM - 08/12/17

According to the serial number, it was manufactured in 2011. Got a pic of the end label? That should indicate if it is a "package" rifle.
Posted By: rembo Re: FN made Model 70 in 7WSM - 08/12/17
Originally Posted by mudstud

According to the serial number, it was manufactured in 2011. Got a pic of the end label? That should indicate if it is a "package" rifle.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mudstud Re: FN made Model 70 in 7WSM - 08/12/17

Interesting. The styrofoam insert clearly seems to be originally manufactured to accommodate a scoped rifle. Yet the end label states "no sights". It just might be that the end label is incorrectly marked. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that happen. Another option is that the insert is from a different package and was put in that box to accommodate the rifle, now with a scope.
They are rare enough that I'd have to buy it. Judging by the bolt I'd say that one has never been fired.

IIRC, FN only cataloged the 7mm WSM for a couple of years. If you spend time on their web page in the discontinued section they don't even list a Featherweight in 7mm WSM. It was probably a distributor special run if it comes with a scope.

I have a New Haven Featherweight in 7mm WSM that doesn't have the usual issues that the New Haven WSM's had. The one thing to remember is that empty brass is impossible to find if you handload.
© 24hourcampfire