Home
All:

I have one of these and love it to pieces. I just want to ask if anybody here knows the rarity of this gun in the 20 inch barrel carbine deluxe version? Mine is in 30-30.

Thank you,
RAS
they are fairly rare, especially in nice condition. the big thing with the deluxes, is if it originally was a deluxe model. they bring a pretty good price so there is a lot of "making" them a deluxe model. But, M-64s are very nice rifles no matter plain or other wise. I believe if it is a prewar model, the stock has the gun's serial number marked under the tang.
I can't quantify how rare they are, but I see at least dozen rifles to every 20" carbine. Add deluxe on top of that and they're few and far between. I used to think they were commonplace, because both my father and uncle hunted with M64 carbines, but when I began looking for one for myself all I found were rifle length. I was fortunate to pick up a decent standard M64 carbine earlier this year (at Cabelas no less!) and just mounted a correct Lyman 56a. While I like my 64 rifle, I love the way the carbines handle. I've drooled over this Deluxe 64 carbine but it's a bit over my pay grade!

BTW, pictures would be much appreciated! grin
Not a lever guy myself, but the Mdl 64 is the one I get weak over.
One of the few rifles that I kept from my Father's Winchester collection is a deluxe carbine in 25-35 from 1949, it is the only one that I've ever seen in person and one of only a few that I've seen pictures of.
I saw a 64 carbine in 25-35 at a gunshow a few years ago, but I dont remember if it was deluxe or not
© 24hourcampfire